Leaking Injectors on a B6200D

jfnewell1965

Equipment
B6200D
Aug 19, 2014
Katy, TX
www.jfnewell.com
Hi,

I seem to be having a problem with leaky injectors.

The attached photos show 1) All three injectors, 2) The rear injector, and 3) The front injector.

The rear injector seems to be leaking in the middle (see red arrows).

The front injector seems to be leaking from the joint at the head.

These were not leaking before, and the only thing I have done is clean the fuel tank and paint the engine.

I have not loosed or tightened the injectors, so it is kind of confusing to me why the this started all of a sudden.

Any ideas, hints, suggestions...or, ideas wjy this just started out of the blue?

Thanks,
Jim

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I bet you gave it a wash before you painted it right?
That can knock off old crud that was keeping it sealed.

First get the injector copper sealing washers (seals injector to head), remove the high pressure lines, next remove injectors, top nut first remove overflow pipes, then bottom nut to remove the rest, if it's been running good, don't split the injector in the middle, replace the washers and then torque the holders back in place, then reinstall the overflow pipe and re torque the top nuts, install pressure pipes( but leave loose at injector) set throttle to full and bled injectors, tighten lines, leaks should be gone.

jfnewell1965

Equipment
B6200D
Aug 19, 2014
Katy, TX
www.jfnewell.com
Yep......Washed it, then for final cleaning before paint, used chemtool to clear away any gunk and oil.

So...OK, I will order the copper washers.

What about the one in back that appears to leak in the middle?

If I split that, what goes in there as a seal?

Thanks,
Jim

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The fitting actually makes the seal in the fop parts of the fitting (soft metal), as it's just a low pressure bypass.
Remove the top nut( then remove the return line fitting you might possibly need to clean the fitting up with a scotch bright if its mucked up.
Make sure the return hose has a free path to the fuel tank, I have seen a few leak when the return is plugged.

jfnewell1965

Equipment
B6200D
Aug 19, 2014
Katy, TX
www.jfnewell.com
An update (and more questions!)

OK....I ordered the copper washers. I got six in case I had to take anything apart again.

Basically what i did was pull them out, clean them up, clean the seats up, reassemble, and it all seemed to work except for the supply line leaked a little on the number two injector (Middle injector), and the number three injector is leaking from where I show in the included images. None of them leak from the head (yay!).

To fix the number two supply line leak, I just needed to tighten the supply line nut a little more.

For the number three injector, I am not sure what to do. This joint does not seem to move.

Perhaps the set screw is related to that...?
Maybe it does move, and I am just not putting enough muscle into it...?
Other...?

I am not sure what to do. if I could get this one last one to not leak where the picture show it leaking, I would be done.

Please keep in mind the pictures are not my actual injectors, just close representations of what I have.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
No O-rings, just a taper fit.
You will need to remove the injector, pull it apart, clean up the taper with a scotch brite and tighten the injector top to the base. ;)