Leaking Hydraulic Fluid Fittings,.....

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
Hi everybody. I have an issue with leaking hydraulic tank fittings. First, the reason it’s leaking I’ve discovered is the fact that the drain plug to the tank, (which is plastic), is stripped. So, in less words, when I turn the plug “out” it only spins and spins. Not spinning freely but I can tell the inside “fitting” that should hold the plug in place when snug is spinning. It appears all three fittings are leaking,..... My question is: Is there anything that exists that I could use to get this loose fitting inside the tank housing to stop spinning short of buying a new tank? I’m thinking of some sort of lock tire type adhesive, but not sure what all exist out there. My thought is to hopefully find something that will work to do the above, and then find a product to go over all the fittings as they are to stop the leaks from them.... any ideas? Or, am I asking for problems? The prior owner has put a bunch of caulk like material that I have to use a wire wheel to get off, and it ends up coming off in a fine powder.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Chris

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
It would help to know what this is on.