Land Pride PTO Drive Shaft Grease Fittings

russcron

Equipment
M5040HDC & LA1153 Loader
Oct 2, 2009
S.E. West Virginia, USA
Hello all from a proud new M5040 owner. It is a very well thought out machine and I can't fault it at all. I have an impliment servicability problem however. Maybe I am missing something here that will give you guys a laugh and I'll benefit from your experience.

I just discovered that I can grease the entire tractor in much less time than it takes to do the two universal joint nipples on the Land Pride PTO drive shaft for my RCR1884 bush hog. This is because the nipples face the ends which have a lot of structure around them.

Here's what beats the heck out of me. If they just put the two grease nipples on the inboard side of the universal spiders (facing each other), they would be simple and quick to get at. Only the yoke would be in the way as in a typical automotive application.

As it is, you need to disassemble the clutch shroud and use a 90 deg grease gun attachment on a hose and fiddle with the access to find just the right sweet spot to mate it up. Of course you have to get past the PTO shields but that's a given.

The thing is made in Italy. Maybe they have smaller FIAT grease guns or something. Land Pride's advice was to remove the drive shaft from the tractor to grease it. Gee, that would be fun on a cold winter day. Time to build a heated barn.

Anyway, this rant was far more fun than greasing the %&$ drive shaft...

Now, if I can just learn to operate the loader and chew gum at the same time.

Russ

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hello Russ and welcome aboard to OrangeTractorTalks! WV Mountaineers Welcome here. My folks were from Logan and I was a fourth generation Coal Miner before winding up down here in Alabama. ( it just Southern WV down here anyway)...

LandPride is Kubota's accessory partner, and I recently purchased a 6' landscape Rake for the Farm to find missing parts straight from the warehouse in Kansas. Yes they immediately reshipped my blade parts but for the price you'd think my Dealer would have checked the crate before shipping. I'll load a picture or two showing the unfriendly user parts on it! Looks like a heavy duty rake but with blade and gauge wheels, I have 1590.00$USD in the deal. Woods was higher and would have had to order two of them at 1250.00 each, so LandPride was the easy choice.

Well ole Mountaineer buddy its off to work I go, have fun up here, their are a bunch of good guys on this site you won't find anywhere else. We help each other up here, very little sarcasm and lots of good ideas too....:D

Attachments

Last edited:

russcron

Equipment
M5040HDC & LA1153 Loader
Oct 2, 2009
S.E. West Virginia, USA
Thanks Mr. Moderator and here's to all the hard working families who work in the mines across America. Few people work harder than miners. Yup, Mountaineers rule.

I've learned a lot here already and I'm still in pre-school. Last week I brush hogged the fields for 11 hours (two days). The new M5040 is really solid. My car has more rattles. I say this because I found several ground hog holes the hard way. Time to dust off the 222 Remington.

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Russ get some pictures of your work to share up here with the members. Everybody likes to see different parts of the county and what farmers go through to work their land. WV has a lot of unique challenges I'm sure everyone would like to see get the ole digital out with that 222....:D