Land Plane Recommendations

farmer frank

Equipment
L4802
Aug 29, 2023
Southern Appalachia
Hi all. Quick side story...........I had $$$ tied up with EA on a land plane/grader, which I did finally manage to get back from my bank. I dodged a big one there, and I recommend to anyone else who has money tied up with them to contact the bank you paid with and file a dispute. My bank told me that since more than 3 months had passed that they might not have jurisdiction to obtain a refund on my behalf, but I insisted they file a claim, and it worked!! Yippee!!!

So, now that I received a refund, I can now consider another model. I like the look and price of the Catawba Attachments land leveler compared to the Land Pride and the Homestead. Catawba offers a 7ft implement for $2,255. Homestead is about the same price, and doesn't look quite as beefy. I haven't checked on the price of the Land Pride, because the Catawba looks more sturdy than that one also. The Catawba has 4x4 beams vs the 4x3 on the Homestead.
https://cattachments.com/product/land-leveler/
https://homesteadimplements.com/land-plane-pinnacle-series/

Are there any other models I should consider? Anyone else bought the land leveler or anything else from Catawba?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

FF

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Camoranger0764

Equipment
L3400
May 30, 2021
Louisiana
FF, I purchased a Grapple from Catawba.. I'm Very Pleased with it. I spoke with Cody @ Catawba 6 or 7 weeks before they started selling them. "Great People" to deal with!! Will definitely order from them again.
Very Well Built and was delivery within 2 days after I placed the Order.

Reactions: 1 users

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
I thought the Woods I had was very nice. If there are dealers near you may be worth checking the price.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
We have a 6’ dirt dog at work. Works very well for our gravel parking lots, and gets used hard. I replaced the skid shoes some months back.
IMG_3125.jpeg

IMG_3126.jpeg

This is behind our MX5100 with turf tires.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Hi all. Quick side story...........I had $$$ tied up with EA on a land plane/grader, which I did finally manage to get back from my bank. I dodged a big one there, and I recommend to anyone else who has money tied up with them to contact the bank you paid with and file a dispute. My bank told me that since more than 3 months had passed that they might not have jurisdiction to obtain a refund on my behalf, but I insisted they file a claim, and it worked!! Yippee!!!

So, now that I received a refund, I can now consider another model. I like the look and price of the Catawba Attachments land leveler compared to the Land Pride and the Homestead. Catawba offers a 7ft implement for $2,255. Homestead is about the same price, and doesn't look quite as beefy. I haven't checked on the price of the Land Pride, because the Catawba looks more sturdy than that one also. The Catawba has 4x4 beams vs the 4x3 on the Homestead.

Are there any other models I should consider? Anyone else bought the land leveler or anything else from Catawba?

FF
It's good to hear that you got your money back, but this whole Catawba thing keeps getting weirder. EA called their land plane a land leveler but no one else did, and Catawba appears to be using the same yellow color. What the heck is going on? Regardless, weight is your friend with these implements so I'd look at the Land Pride GS2584 over the Catawba and Homestead.

Catawba 7ft = 578lb
Homestead Pinnacle 7ft = 549lb
Land Pride GS2584 7ft = 846lb
EA Land Leveler 7ft = 786lb

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
It's good to hear that you got your money back, but this whole Catawba thing keeps getting weirder. EA called their land plane a land leveler but no one else did, and Catawba appears to be using the same yellow color. What the heck is going on? Regardless, weight is your friend with these implements so I'd look at the Land Pride GS2584 over the Catawba and Homestead.

Catawba 7ft = 578lb
Homestead Pinnacle 7ft = 549lb
Land Pride GS2584 7ft = 846lb
EA Land Leveler 7ft = 786lb
Your skepticism may require more investigation to put you at ease. The young engineer at Catawba had made a few post on another forum when EA was recognized as "robbing Peter to pay Paul". He made those aware of what they made, how they made them, what new products they were coming out with, where they were located, etc.

I'm confident you'll discover Catawba is in no way associated with any individuals associated with EA and are competition for similar items trying to generate business from EA's demise.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana

FF
Buy this before someone else does! It's a great price for a serious land leveler.

• Love

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Your skepticism may require more investigation to put you at ease. The young engineer at Catawba had made a few post on another forum when EA was recognized as "robbing Peter to pay Paul". He made those aware of what they made, how they made them, what new products they were coming out with, where they were located, etc.

I'm confident you'll discover Catawba is in no way associated with any individuals associated with EA and are competition for similar items trying to generate business from EA's demise.
I saw some posts from the guy at Catawba, but there's something going on. I'm well aware that many companies don't want to divulge inside information. I've been sending NDAs out for years to various companies and have signed some myself, so it's unlikely that anyone at Catawba would share information about their inner workings, just as many companies that "manufacture" a product won't share information on vendors they're using for various parts or the entire thing.

I made the point before about disc harrows and folding cutters from companies like Bush Hog, Rhino Ag and Dirt Dog and they all seem to be the same rebranded product so who is actually making them? Many of these companies want to sell the story that they design and build products, but many simply buy implements from who knows where, puts some stickers on them and sell them.

biketopia

Equipment
B2650, RK 60" BB, 42" tiller, 72" LP FM, Forks, Grapple, FEL
Feb 15, 2024
Warrenton VA
I have a Catawaba Land plane. The thing is a stout and built unit. I picked it up from a local implement guy that sell's them in Richmond Va for less than their posted price online, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another item from them.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Buy this before someone else does! It's a great price for a serious land leveler.

It is in farmer Frank's neighborhood of Southern Appalachia.

Southern Appalachians include the State of West Virginia, southwestern Virginia, eastern Kentucky and Tennessee, western North Carolina and South Carolina, northern Georgia, and northeastern Alabama

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
This is a good example of why people should be a little more specific about where they live.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I tried to go ABI but they were not that interested in my business. They did email me today wondering why I never ordered, so I resent them the email where I stated I wanted to order one and discuss delivery. Their response at that time was a very short “we don’t have any.” No offer to put me on the build schedule or set any tentative dates so I moved on and ended up with a Land Pride 6’ Land Plane for my B3200 from my local Kubota dealer for $120 more. I am very pleased with my purchase. Anyway, the Land Pride unit works great and I was able to drive over and get it the same day. Quality and ease of use is excellent. I’ve discovered that keeping the speed up (2000 RPM and in M), stay in 4WD and have a bucket of stone for front ballast really helps with a small tractor.

Attachments