LA682 Cylinder Rebuild

ast4696

May 7, 2014
Buhl, AL
I'm a newbee here so please bare with me. As stated i have a 682 loader that one of the cylinders has started leaking pretty bad. I am fairly decent at mechanics but no pro. Found out from the local dealer what they charge to rebuild the cylinder and figured i'd at least give it a shot myself. Have all the tools needed and have a new packing kit, what i'd like to have is a drawing of some type that shows how the new seals go on. Will keep up with how they come off but would feel better if i had a picture. Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated.

al b

Equipment
l345dt, l48, l2550dt
Feb 15, 2012
Ct
I don't know were to get a good picture other then taking some yourself. They are really quite simple, just pay attention which way the seals are facing and put them back the same way. You want to find out what the torque is on the bolt or nut depending on which you have and loctite it. I been told to use blue loctite by an area repair shop who sold me seals for a Case I did not long ago. And I lube the seals as I put them back on.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Here is the layout of the 2 cylinders.

Boom Cylinders
Boom Cylinder.JPG
Bucket Cylinders
Bucket Cylinder.JPG