LA680 loader connector?

houser52

Equipment
Kubota M7060HD, Kubota L3600, LA680 Loader
Jul 10, 2015
North Carolina
I want to order a gauge with a hydraulic quick connector so I can check the pressure of my LA680 loader.

Anyone have the style and size of the connector I need? I would just look but I'm away from the tractor right now.

Thanks

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
The quick connectors on many Kub loaders are 3/8" or 1/2" Parker 60 Series (ISO 7241-1 Series B). A good place to get them is here

houser52

Equipment
Jul 10, 2015
North Carolina
Ken, I'll measure the fitting tomorrow and let you know what it is.

The reason for checking my loaders pressure is to determine if it's low and to increase the pressure if it is.
I may have hit a snag though. It seems as though my hydraulic system is made differently than the ones where shims are used to up the pressure.
I downloaded the LA 680 service manual and it says that the loader's pressure is not adjustable and is regulated by the tractor's main hydraulics.

There maybe another way to increase it but might be more involved than I dare to try.

If someone on here has a loader like mine and has increased their pressure , please let me know how you did it.

Thanks

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Houser,
What you described is 100% normal. The FEL has nothing on it to set the max pressure, that is done by the main PRV (pressure relief valve) on the tractor. Quite often this is set with shims or a screw/jamb nut arrangement and is very easy to do. Some models have the PRV on the transmission, and sometimes (rarely however) its on the FEL joystick valve.

Not sure if you've watched the video we have posted, but the process for your Kub is the same, your checking/setting the tractor side main hydraulic system PRV.

houser52

Equipment
Jul 10, 2015
North Carolina
Houser,
What you described is 100% normal. The FEL has nothing on it to set the max pressure, that is done by the main PRV (pressure relief valve) on the tractor. Quite often this is set with shims or a screw/jamb nut arrangement and is very easy to do. Some models have the PRV on the transmission, and sometimes (rarely however) its on the FEL joystick valve.

Not sure if you've watched the video we have posted, but the process for your Kub is the same, your checking/setting the tractor side main hydraulic system PRV.
Yes I watched the video yesterday and everything looks simple enough. Good video.

I looked over the service manual again last night and the PRV was mentioned several times in the trouble shooting section. It also said that adjustments or replacement could be done but that info is in another manual. No where was there a diagram or location of the PRV on/in the manifold. (They called it the "block" instead of manifold.)

I guess I just need to know where it is located on/in the "block"