LA535 Switch Tach did not work as planned...

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
Glad everything worked out. A few weeks ago I took my FEL off for the first time to mount the blower.

One of my stand legs is finicky and will not lock in some times......I took it slow with the help of a friend and after several tries and a couple bangs with a mallet the right stand locked in place and everything went as anticipated.

As people will find this thread via search......a couple things bear noting and repeating....

Until you have done it a few times GO SLOW !!! There are no trophies for fastest FEL change, at least none worth winning.

Get off the seat and make sure those stands LOCK !!!

Make sure you are on the most level spot you can find otherwise you are in for trouble from the get go.

If you are not on a solid surface, put down some wood or small blocks for those stand legs so they don't sink into the ground......just make sure the wood or block isn't so large it changes the angle of the dangle for re-attaching.

Did I mention go slow? A tip I got from the great guy from the dealer that delivered my rig was to put a towel or blanket over the hood in case things bang or rub the hood during the learning curve.....that is if you care about your paint job......

Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
First off. I am extremely embarrassed to post this.

I am the proud new owner of a LX3310 with a LA535 swift tach loader. I took delivery approx. 5 days ago. As of yesterday I thought the loader looked like it was bent on one side. My local dealer recommended I dethatch the loader then reattach it.....as it will like straighten out.....long story short while reattaching the loader it did not seat properly and fell with the hydraulics resting on the tractors front axels...How this happen I am not positive. I am sure I did something wrong. However, I was following the manual step by step. Given the weight of the loader I plan on using two floor jacks to lift the loader arms of the axels.
You're not alone. I tipped my BH twice, while removing it for the first time!

https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/threads/yesterday-was-not-my-day.48313/post-424323

Reactions: 1 user