LA535 Service Advisory

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Did anyone else get a Service Advisory from Kubota regarding the LA535 FEL? Dunno what it’s about yet, but it does require taking the loader to a dealer for a warranty service. Just got it today. Gonna call the dealer tomorrow to see how long it’ll take and if they’ll schedule it for a specific time so I can wait till they’re done with whatever the repair is.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Did anyone else get a Service Advisory from Kubota regarding the LA535 FEL? Dunno what it’s about yet, but it does require taking the loader to a dealer for a warranty service. Just got it today. Gonna call the dealer tomorrow to see how long it’ll take and if they’ll schedule it for a specific time so I can wait till they’re done with whatever the repair is.
I received a phone call a few months back, told them I had sold the tractor. Gave them new owner’s information. They did tell me it was for one of the pins that hold the loader on not being long enough/walking out, if I remember correctly.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I received a phone call a few months back, told them I had sold the tractor. Gave them new owner’s information. They did tell me it was for one of the pins that hold the loader on not being long enough/walking out, if I remember correctly.
Kinda thought that might be the issue. The left one makes me squirm a little, but the right one (where all the hoses are) seems fine. I’m assuming the fix is a longer pin?
The left pin on my FEL seems to want to walk out to the extreme limit of the keeper. There ain’t much pin left in the inside bushing. I don’t think it’ll fail, but if Kubota thinks it will, we’ll, they designed it and should know.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Kinda thought that might be the issue. The left one makes me squirm a little, but the right one (where all the hoses are) seems fine. I’m assuming the fix is a longer pin?
The left pin on my FEL seems to want to walk out to the extreme limit of the keeper. There ain’t much pin left in the inside bushing. I don’t think it’ll fail, but if Kubota thinks it will, we’ll, they designed it and should know.
I think that is what mine was about, after asking the guy calling. They were offering to come to me, measure my pins and replace as needed. No taking the tractor to the dealer. May want to ask about that...

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
I am using the service bulletin to my advantage. As stated above, the loader may need a longer pin; they have to inspect to determine. Since it is a service bulletin, Kubota covers the transport cost to the dealer. I received my tractor in March, and I have scheduled it to be taken to the dealer for the inspection/service bulletin and to have the 50 hrs. service completed. I will have 45+ hrs. by that time. I was planning to do the 50 hour service myself, but with free transportation I will let the service shop do it.

I asked the shop to order the replacement part (~$13 cost to me) in case I need it - rather than have to wait for the part. So, I should get my tractor back within a day or two. If I do not need the part, I will leave it at the dealership for a future customer.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Okay, got the letter in front me with my sight enhancement and correction devices (reading glasses) on. Campaign number is PSB-2021-051, but the good folks at 888-4KUBOTA drew a blank when I called them and I can’t seem to find any clarification on the WWW that knows everything and tells only the truth. The lady with a most wonderful Suthun Drawl (Kubota Rep) couldn’t find anything about it either, but said PSB meant Product Safety Bulletin which means Mandatory replacement. Finally found something about SwiftTach pins, which I’m assuming is confirming my guess. Calling the dealer to find out for sure, and see if they’ll just give me the pins. I’ll gladly bring the OEM pins to them if they have replacement pins for me to put back on the tractor. If they want to keep my tractor for more than about 15 minutes, no can do. I have another idea how to resolve the short pin issue too. The hole that the keeper falls in could be a lot smaller which would keep the pin held in deeper. Not sure why a 1” / 25mm hole was needed.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Dealer confirmed that some SwiftTach LA535’s were shipped with the wrong mounting pins, which are about 1/2” too short. Just swap them with the dealer when they get ’em. No need to haul the tractor and loader. While there may be compensation for the transportation, I’d rather not take the safety risks for two pins I can swap in about 30 seconds.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
The PSB is for a Quick attach mounting pin, some were shipped with too short of a pin. Here are the pictures from the PSB-2021-051-R1.

1628147802546.png

Reactions: 3 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
The PSB is for a Quick attach mounting pin, some were shipped with too short of a pin. Here are the pictures from the PSB-2021-051-R1.

View attachment 64061
The pin in those pics looks NOTHING like the ones in my LA535. Mine are black, and do not have that ear on them that I assume are for bolting the pin in place. Mine are easily removable via a T-handle that locks the pin in place with an L-bracket with a hole that the T-handle drops in to keep it from backing out. The hole in the L-bracket is WAY too big IMO, and would probably solve the problem were it a bit narrower to keep the pin inserted better. I'm pretty sure it won't come out, but if Kubota wants me to have new pins, I'll gladly swap 'em.