LA240 Loader to Skid Steer Quick Attach Adapter

BensBX

Mar 7, 2017
Baltimore, Ohio
Trying my best to find a skid steer quick attach adapter for my BX24 and it seems impossible to find. Wanting to purchase a stump bucket and most all are skid steer quick attach. Anyone know where to find one of these in stock? Suggestions of how to convert an old style kubota quick attach into the skid steer and has anyone done this? TIA

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks, I've tried. Not in stock and long wait time. Might be the only option
A stump bucket on a BX is well... Lets just say you would be better off with a bunch of other different attachments.
Stump buckets need some backsside and force to work and your BX doesn't have it!

Reactions: 1 user

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
A stump bucket on a BX is well... Lets just say you would be better off with a bunch of other different attachments.
Stump buckets need some backsside and force to work and your BX doesn't have it!
nonsense ^

stump bucket is crazy handy to have around, even on a BX. While grinding is still my preferred method for stumps, the BX can make short work of small stumps, as well as digging holes for planting, and even scraping out a small trench.

I dont understand this place sometimes, people come here ask a question, then they are asked why they need such a thing in the first place, then are told why they can't. :rolleyes:

Getting back to OP; I purchased that adapter from EA, it was dropped shipped from a company in Detroit and I received it in about a week. This was years ago though. I noticed no loss in capacity, and was really happy with the product. The conversion was easy.

Some folks on this forum told me I was going to lose a bunch of capacity due to bucket being moved out. This distance was less than an inch using the EA kit. I did a test with full scoops of topsoil before and after the conversion, I didnt notice any difference with topsoil or using the grapple. Except for being able to swap loader attachments in seconds.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
nonsense ^
I think it depends on what one defines as a stump. Granted any tractor implement can be used to accomplish a lot.

I didn’t notice any stumps in the photos you posted, but I did see some scoops of dirt out of the ground. No doubt the stump bucket would perform that task.

With a BX, more than that…not sure…

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I think it depends on what one defines as a stump. Granted any tractor implement can be used to accomplish a lot.

I didn’t notice any stumps in the photos you posted, but I did see some scoops of dirt out of the ground. No doubt the stump bucket would perform that task.

With a BX, more than that…not sure…
since you like pictures, a 5 second google search turned this up:

BensBX

Mar 7, 2017
Baltimore, Ohio
I appreciate any response over none at all. As for the capability of the BX I've had since purchasing it new in 2009 I have lost count of the number of stumps I've removed on my 8 acres. Some as large as 24" diameter. With patience and understanding how to use the hoe it can be done. I'm only interested in trying to find the skid steer adapter and in hopes of getting advice where I might have some luck. I have about 10 half rotted stumps on a hillside that is too steep for using the hoe comfortably but not so steep I believe I can bust enough roots to pull out and remove. Not interested in hiring a commercial stump grinder and paying thousands and having nothing as an end result except my bank account. Thanks though for any thoughts.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
nonsense ^

stump bucket is crazy handy to have around, even on a BX. While grinding is still my preferred method for stumps, the BX can make short work of small stumps, as well as digging holes for planting, and even scraping out a small trench.

I dont understand this place sometimes, people come here ask a question, then they are asked why they need such a thing in the first place, then are told why they can't. :rolleyes:

Getting back to OP; I purchased that adapter from EA, it was dropped shipped from a company in Detroit and I received it in about a week. This was years ago though. I noticed no loss in capacity, and was really happy with the product. The conversion was easy.

Some folks on this forum told me I was going to lose a bunch of capacity due to bucket being moved out. This distance was less than an inch using the EA kit. I did a test with full scoops of topsoil before and after the conversion, I didnt notice any difference with topsoil or using the grapple. Except for being able to swap loader attachments in seconds.

Thanks B737 for pointing out my shortcomings.
I should have looked before I leaped!
The last time I looked at stump buckets, they were 1/2" steel, excavator teeth buckets in the 600'lb plus range.
Fine and dandy for a BIG tractor, Track loader, or skid steer.
And would be worthless on a BX!

1682813207270.png

But alas they have made MINI Stump buckets at 91lbs.
So yes that I could see being worth it.
1682813409935.png

Sorry to lead you astray!

Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
And as far as an SSQA adapter unless you willing and able to fabricate your own your limited to waiting
That SSQA adapter is unique and not readily available.