L6060 Flail Mower Recommendations

Sapper50

Equipment
L6060, FEL with 4-1 bucket, Top and Tilt, Single tooth ripper, box blade, etc
Oct 10, 2017
Graham, Washington USA
We just relocated from Washington to the NE portion of Texas (just west of Tyler).
Looking, search and importantly researching a PTO flail with hydraulic offset capability. I have 3 hyrdo's in the rear, two presently set up with a top and tilt with the 3rd free.

The land Pride unit has offset but it is a manual crank system so that is 'out' (at least I cannot find any information on a hydraulic offset capability).

With the 6060 at 62hp and PTO at 53, looking at the 72-78" size and hammer blades.
Use will be clearing brush under old growth trees (no bigger than 1.5 - 2") and routinely Bahia pasture grass (71 acre ranch split 60/40 old growth oak trees and pasture).
Like most things you start to research and quickly become overloaded with the various models, Overseas set ups (China etc) and which ones are solid and which ones are not worth shipping to the home.

As always, love the experience in this group!
Thanx !!

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
I bought a L6060 this spring with two rear remotes. No top and tilt so both free for implements. I also bought a Sigma, Phoenix label in the USA it seems from Carver Equipment on line as carverequipment.com. I was near enough picked it up from their warehouse in North Carolina. It requires two remote hyds, you could use your fel system and that has the added benefit of one hand operation to position the cutter head. Not sure the exact width of mine but uses think they are called duck bill blades and cutting about what you are wanting to. It will extend at least four feet past the right rear tire and you and also tilt it near vertical for cutting. Just hit 99 hours on my L6060 today and I know about 50 of those hours are using that mower. Very pleased with it. Oh, it is Italian made. Was told years ago they build the best, no idea but have had three (three different brands) and no issues with any one. You will want float for the tilting of the head.

Would suggest you look carefully at videos on them in use. Mine has been very stable with cab and fel. I was told to keep the fel on it for stability but really believe it would be fine remove.

Sapper50

Equipment
L6060, FEL with 4-1 bucket, Top and Tilt, Single tooth ripper, box blade, etc
Oct 10, 2017
Graham, Washington USA
Thank you, I will check them out and see what I can research on that model.
I wont need any 'vertical' capability for cutting, so will check the various models. As mentioned I have about 40+ acres of underbrush under old growth oaks I want to completely clear and 30+ acres of pasture that will need regular maintenance and mowing ( at least what the horses dont eat).

I have used the T&T more than any other feature on the 6060, for me it has been priceless. I currently have 325 hours on the 6060 and hasnt blinked once, amazing machine, could not be happier with owning it. I have a 4-1 bucket up front which is very nice and with the trees on the new property etc I may be adding a grapple here pretty quick!!
Scott

I bought a L6060 this spring with two rear remotes. No top and tilt so both free for implements. I also bought a Sigma, Phoenix label in the USA it seems from Carver Equipment on line as carverequipment.com. I was near enough picked it up from their warehouse in North Carolina. It requires two remote hyds, you could use your fel system and that has the added benefit of one hand operation to position the cutter head. Not sure the exact width of mine but uses think they are called duck bill blades and cutting about what you are wanting to. It will extend at least four feet past the right rear tire and you and also tilt it near vertical for cutting. Just hit 99 hours on my L6060 today and I know about 50 of those hours are using that mower. Very pleased with it. Oh, it is Italian made. Was told years ago they build the best, no idea but have had three (three different brands) and no issues with any one. You will want float for the tilting of the head.

Would suggest you look carefully at videos on them in use. Mine has been very stable with cab and fel. I was told to keep the fel on it for stability but really believe it would be fine remove.

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
If you do not need the ability for vertical cut or tilting the mower down for such as pond or ditch banks would buy much lower price flail mower with offset, either by where the 3 pth mounts are on it or with hyd slide shift.