L5030 no crank

dunnbar69

Equipment
L5030
Jul 30, 2014
kentucky
L5030 try to start and service inspect message pops up and shuttle neutral words flash alternately . but will crank and run fine at times. has got progressively worse now wont crank over at all.
I am able to jump the starter wire and crank it up and use it, but it will not start with key switch. i also have found that power is going to the fuse block and powering the starter fuse when you turn the key, but without schematics or diagnostics on the display messages im lost.

2550gst

Aug 31, 2011
illinoisusa
replaced battery. trickle charged it up, no crank with key. All lights work. Fuses look fine. No broken tabs on the one inside cab and by battery. Something simple? Back up. Last couple of weeks if I wanted to start tractor I would have to charge it first, then it would start with the key. Finally tired of that routine so I removed battery and had it tested. Battery failed load test and was advised to replace which I did. Now will not turn over.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
L5030 try to start and service inspect message pops up and shuttle neutral words flash alternately . but will crank and run fine at times. has got progressively worse now wont crank over at all.
I am able to jump the starter wire and crank it up and use it, but it will not start with key switch. i also have found that power is going to the fuse block and powering the starter fuse when you turn the key, but without schematics or diagnostics on the display messages im lost.
I dont know anything about your model , but the flashing of shuttle neutral would lead me to think that there is a safety switch that is not getting the tlc it needs.:eek:

Have you made sure that the "Glide Shift" is in neutral?

and the "RTFM" would be good thing to do also.;)

2550gst

Aug 31, 2011
illinoisusa
from 2550 gst. Now have l5030 hydro. In neutral, clutch pedal depressed, pto off.
Scratched head. Will check other safety switches. So far no starter response. Thank you for responding.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Try moving the hydro pedal back and forth a bit, sounds like it's not hitting neutral.

2550gst

Aug 31, 2011
illinoisusa
thanks for the reply. Found out that yesterday that it was the hydro pedal not in a neutral position. With the tractor came a itellidash display card/brochure. On it was three examples why your tractor may not start. Hydro pedal was one of those. And once adjusted vroom! Yaaaa. When all else fails and you locate it, read the manual. Thanks again. L5030 4700 hrs.