L48TLB Transmission/Hydro Service

2001TLB

Equipment
L48TLB, 60" EA SSQA Root Rake Grapple, EA SSQA Fork lift
Nov 14, 2021
Shelton, Washington
I have spent a lot of time tonight searching on the subject. I have a relatively new to me 2000 hour machine that was bought with all new filters. I have no idea of the status of the hydraulic fluid.

I pulled a fluid sample for analysis, but have yet to receive the results. If the fluid is in good shape, I am planning on running the fluid longer, probably to the 400 hour service interval from the time I bought the machine. If the fluid is not in serviceable condition, then a 400 hour hydro service will occur sooner than later.

While going over the owner/operator manual, I noted that the suction line screen should be serviced while changing the hydro fluid. The manual indicates that the spring must be removed from the neutral holder assembly to the neutral holder to move to provide clearance to remove the screen.

When comparing the written procedure to the actual condition, it does not appear to me that removing the neutral holder spring will allow the neutral holder to move far enough to provide the needed clearance to remove the screen. Also conflicting, is what I believe to be brake control linkage, though that issue appears to be pretty easy to solve by removing a cotter pin and related pin to allow the linkage bar to lower out of the way.

Has anyone performed this service on an L48, and if so, how did you work around the neutral holder? For reference, I have attached an image from the manual describing the procedure:
IMG_3381.jpeg

Thank you,

Doug Vazquez
Shelton, WA

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Going off of memory here.

the screen has some flex. You can take it out, and kind of pull it to the side a little and it'll clear. Going back in can be a bear because the o-rings on the pipe tend to want to fall off. Throw a little thick grease on the o-rings and then drop them into their grooves. Hold the pipe tight against the case while inserting the screen.

2001TLB

Equipment
L48TLB, 60" EA SSQA Root Rake Grapple, EA SSQA Fork lift
Nov 14, 2021
Shelton, Washington
Lugbolt,

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it. Last week I changed the hydro fluid in my F3060 and cleaned the screen. There was nothing in the way on that machine.

Anyway, now that you mention it, that screen did have some flex to it. Do you remember removing the spring? To me, it does not look like there is anything to be gained by removing the spring. Also, were you able to sneak it below the brake linkage rod without disconnecting it?

Thanks again for your time.
Doug