L4701 Backhoe Attachment Question

dspsr1970

Equipment
L4701
Oct 18, 2023
Davidnoah72!
I own an L4701; I need a backhoe. I was looking at a BH92 or BH77. However, going to the Kubota website, it's hard to get any available attachments for my tractor. I would assume it would be a lot easier. But what list (if any) of available backhoe attachments for a L4701? I need a good backhoe attachment, long reach, beefy. Is the BH92 the best I can get?

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
But what list (if any) of available backhoe attachments for a L4701? I need a good backhoe attachment, long reach, beefy. Is the BH92 the best I can get?
your dealer should be able to get you the list of all available backhoe parts and pieces you will need. The BH92 is beefier than the BH77. I own a BH77 and used to own a BH92.

Or you could try another makers stuff or even a non OEM and try and Frankenstein something together if you are a good fabricator but pretty sure in the long run this will end up costing more.

3pt hitch hoes were popular at one time if you are looking at fab'ing something together. Not so much now as definitely not as beefy and for some would actually damage the tractor.

Reactions: 1 user

06B3030

Equipment
B3030, LA403, BH75, York Rake, Plug Aerator, 6' Rear Mower, Forks, Weight Box
Sep 21, 2015
MA
Standard backhoe for the L4701 tractor is the BH92... Tractor Data

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I own an L4701; I need a backhoe. I was looking at a BH92 or BH77. However, going to the Kubota website, it's hard to get any available attachments for my tractor. I would assume it would be a lot easier. But what list (if any) of available backhoe attachments for a L4701? I need a good backhoe attachment, long reach, beefy. Is the BH92 the best I can get?
"I need a good backhoe attachment, long reach, beefy"

You need a different model Kubota tactor!

An L47 TLB.....10' dig.
or
An M62 TLB.....14' dig.

Reactions: 1 users

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
Orange backhoes are a premium unit these days . I have a bud that has been waitin for 3 months for his to show up . If ya want a quick list of tractor attachments head over to tractordata.com & pick Kubota & then yer mdl # .
animals45

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Rent or buy a mini-x you will be happier
A mini-ex is a fine solution, if a one trick pony is all that is needed.
A mini-ex has no loader bucket, for material short transport, and no 3pt hitch.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
A mini-ex is a fine solution, if a one trick pony is all that is needed.
A mini-ex has no loader bucket, for material short transport, and no 3pt hitch.
That's why I suggested to rent!

I have the M59 TLB yet I'll still rent a 10 ton mini-x or a 25 ton excavator because it's way faster and cheaper in the long run if you have a lot of work to do.

A CUT BH is pretty limited in what it can do. Especially one you have to climb on and off the seat every 3 feet. Gets old real fast.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
agree ,for a lot of diggin, excavator is better 'tool'.
but..
no need to " climb on and off the seat every 3 feet. " if you learn how to operate the BH.....

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

I have the M59 TLB yet I'll still rent a 10 ton mini-x or a 25 ton excavator because it's way faster and cheaper in the long run if you have a lot of work to do.

A CUT BH is pretty limited in what it can do. Especially one you have to climb on and off the seat every 3 feet. Gets old real fast.
Why........"climb on and off the seat

Why ........"climb on and off the seat every 3 feet"?
Bad kidneys ? :ROFLMAO:

I push forward using the BH.
My friend with the M62 can use creep function.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca

I have a swivel seat. The L4701 doesn't.

You have to climb off the tractor operator seat and climb onto the BH operator seat when you buy a BH attachment for your Ag tractor. If you are a monkey gymnast you can grab the ROPS and swing yourself over to swap seating positions.

1697897354909.jpeg

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
agree ,for a lot of diggin, excavator is better 'tool'.
but..
no need to " climb on and off the seat every 3 feet. " if you learn how to operate the BH.....
I've owned an Ag tractor with a BH attachment.

I've also owned and operated real construction equipment.

I will never buy an Ag tractor with BH attachment ever again. Fool me once...

I guess I don't know how to operate equipment.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

I have a swivel seat. The L4701 doesn't.

You have to climb off the tractor operator seat and climb onto the BH operator seat when you buy a BH attachment for your Ag tractor. If you are a monkey gymnast you can grab the ROPS and swing yourself over to swap seating positions.

View attachment 114323
Understood.
I believe that all the Kubota dedicated TLBs have the swivel seat!

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020

Love the creep function on my L47!

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

Your M59 certainly does not fit the CUT category, and you do not have to climb on and off the seat every three feet.
Your M59 does have the swivel seat.

Renting mini-ex for big jobs........absolutely.
For up to a full day job though, owning the dedicated BH "Swiss army knife", TLB is difficult to beat!

Last edited:

Grandad4

Equipment
1949 Farmall M, previously owned: L 4610, BX 2230
Apr 5, 2016
Greensboro, NC
Good design and ergonomics make a big difference in a lot of equipment - including compact tractor backhoes. Some backhoes are tucked in close to the tractor so you can reach around fairly easily from the BH seat when needed; other BH's extend so far off the back you can't reach anything and you're always jumping from one seat to the other.

It varies from one tractor/BH to another. Another reason you can't buy on price alone, I guess.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I love my BH77 thats for sure.

Depending on how much work the OP needs done, and factoring in the cost of a new 92 with all the fixin's (I actually do not know but I'm guessing it's gonna be in the 15-20K'ish area)

I wonder what kind a of used mini-X he could get for that same dough?

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I love my BH77 thats for sure.

Depending on how much work the OP needs done, and factoring in the cost of a new 92 with all the fixin's (I actually do not know but I'm guessing it's gonna be in the 15-20K'ish area)

I wonder what kind a of used mini-X he could get for that same dough?
I would say, that it is really all about what we are familiar with.
The CUT (Ag. tractors with small added BHs) are great,...until or unless, you need something bigger and better.
I love my 2006 L48 dedicated TLB, with 11' dig, and it is certainly more than I need,...... particularly at my age.

So........My just turned 65 friend asks me what he should have for his retirement (4500 sf) house, and 100' dock build.
I say......the L47 TLB.......but, ...it is only 10' dig.

I tell him if it were me, I would instead find a lightly used M62 TLB.
A new M62 with hyd. thumb, and 3rd function, is now over $90K
He says: "Can YOU find me one"
Of course I can.......with HIS wallet! ($63.5K)

The search begins!
Six weeks later, I buy him (he never saw it) a 2021 model, 295 hour machine, with hyd. thumb, formerly owned by a plumber in Texas. ($1,200 hauling cost) I did this as a friend....no finder fee!
Clean as a whistle, with not a single issue. Not even a scratch or dent!
I fell in love with it, and the seller tried to convince ME to buy it for myself.
Very tempting,.... but no!

My friend has now had it for only a few days (delivery took forever), and he is in love with it.
He is now totally spoiled, ......unless he someday gets a mini-ex,..... which for his use would not make any sense.