L4400, will not move

MarioJ

Equipment
Mowing, Loading
Oct 27, 2009
Houston Texas
For some strange reason this morning, my tractor just wouldnt move. the hydraulics work, i can move in 1st gear slow, but if i try to roll up a small curb, the tractor will not move. could it be my clutch? My tractor is not that old, and the dealer wants me to bring it in, so they can charge me an arm and a leg. any sugestions???:confused:

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
Does the tractor bog down when you try to go up the curb, or does it sit there like the clutch is still engaged? If so, it might be your throwout bearing causing the clutch to stay engaged, or at least mostly engaged. If so, don't keep the tractor running, because it will polish your clutch plate quite quickly, and then you'll really be out some dough.

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
For some strange reason this morning, my tractor just wouldnt move. the hydraulics work, i can move in 1st gear slow, but if i try to roll up a small curb, the tractor will not move. could it be my clutch? My tractor is not that old, and the dealer wants me to bring it in, so they can charge me an arm and a leg. any sugestions???:confused:
How many hours do you have on the tractor?

Captjack

Jun 30, 2009
Centreville,Md
I'm not sure if your tractor has "low and high" range but my lever got bumped and the lever was in between the "hare and the turtle" and the tractor would not move. A simple bump in either direction fixed her right up.

Good luck

Jack

MarioJ

Equipment
Mowing, Loading
Oct 27, 2009
Houston Texas
Thanks a bunch for all those whom helped me out. Turns out to be the clutch. A budy of mine is goina charge me a couple of $$$ bucks to change it out for me..