L4150 hydraulic problem

Ruger45

Equipment
L4150DT
May 25, 2016
Ohio
I recently got a L4150DT and it ran fine however , I drove it a 1/4 mile and hooked up to three point equipment and put the tractor in gear and it wouldn't move. Took home changed hydraulic filter and fluid , tractor did move and then quit again. The loader bucket will not go up and the three point is pretty much non existent . I took apart the return line in front of the seat and no fluid came out. Any help would be appreciated

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
Hello

How many hours are on your tractor. The first thing I would do is check the suction line from the rear end housing to the pump. I would drain the hydraulic oil and remove the line at the rear. The early L4150 tractor had a problem with the brake disc. The lining would come off and plug the suction line.As for not moving. How is the clutch . Do you have free play in the pedel. What is your Serial number.

Good Luck Lance

Ruger45

Equipment
L4150DT
May 25, 2016
Ohio
I don't know the serial number , it has around 2800 hours possibly could be a little more, hour gauge quit at 1800. When changing the filter I did get out some gasket material little chunks. I was also told that when I took the backhoe off and it ran fine for a while, that I might have to hook up the hydraulic hoses to the quick couplers on the back and make a loop to cycle the fluid to work things right. I not sure but I will try any thing Thanks

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
...... I was also told that when I took the backhoe off and it ran fine for a while, that I might have to hook up the hydraulic hoses to the quick couplers on the back and make a loop to cycle the fluid to work things right. I not sure but I will try any thing.......
The hydraulic hoses need to be connected differently when the backhoe is removed. I've sent you a PM with some questions (and maybe some answers) Dick B

Last edited:

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
Hello

The gasket material little chunks that you found are the brakes coming apart. Don't run the tractor to long. When all the lining comes off the brake disc , you then have metal to metal on the brakes. This will cause many more problems. Did you find any fine metal in the filter.
Lance

Ruger45

Equipment
L4150DT
May 25, 2016
Ohio
I appreciate the help , I'm new to the forum business how do I get the PM ? Never mind I got your message , Thanks

Last edited:

Ruger45

Equipment
L4150DT
May 25, 2016
Ohio
I did find a little shavings on the magnet but not to bad. I didn't find any metal in the filter though.

Last edited: