L4060 Order...

ccs

Equipment
M5-111HDC12 4WD w/FEL, RC4615, RCF3696: L4060 w/FEL, QH15, RCF2072, BB2572
Jul 5, 2017
Pennsylvania
So it looks like, thanks in part to all the help on this forum, for my smaller everyday chore tractor, I've decided to go with a Grand L, the L4060. Will be used for moving dirt and gravel, some backhoe work, Tiller for putting in deer food plots, landscape grader and or box blade work (gravel driveway) some medium duty brush hogging and some grapple work (clearing tree limbs etc.) -- so below is how I'm thinking to spec out the tractor itself...

• L4060 - 4WD - HST - Foldable Rops
  • R4 tires
  • Front Loader (not sure whether to get the standard 72" bucket or go down to a 66" heavy duty bucket) - either way will be a quick coupler attach
  • 3rd Function Valve
  • BH92 9' backhoe with rubber stabilizer pads
  • 16" direct pin on bucket
  • Thumb for backhoe (not sure of mechanical or hydraulic?)
  • Rear Work Lights
  • Air Ride Seat
I did not do Quick Coupler releases for the Loader hoses or the 3rd function...I will rarley have loader off except to do some grapple work and the 3rd function is only 2 hoses - very easy on and off (or are they worth it??)

Also no rear remotes as everything I do on this tractor with be from the 3 point

OK - what you guys see or think -- am I missing anything or thinking about something wrong ??

adventure bob

Equipment
l6060
Nov 6, 2013
Colorado Springs
Good choice, you'll be very happy with it.

"I did not do Quick Coupler releases for the Loader hoses or the 3rd function"

I didn't even know that was an option. I thought all the loaders on the grands had quick disconnects on the right just in front of the cab? I would hate to have to remove the loader with wrenches and leaking hydro...

Also confused by the "...I will rarely have loader off except to do some grapple work and the 3rd function is only 2 hoses..."
The loader has to be on for a grapple, you just take the bucket off. As much as I change back and forth between bucket and grapple I have a set of std quick disconnects, definitely worth the $20 each to install. You can get them at TS or order them online.

Maybe I'm missing the terminology?

ccs

Equipment
M5-111HDC12 4WD w/FEL, RC4615, RCF3696: L4060 w/FEL, QH15, RCF2072, BB2572
Jul 5, 2017
Pennsylvania
Good choice, you'll be very happy with it.

"I did not do Quick Coupler releases for the Loader hoses or the 3rd function"

I didn't even know that was an option. I thought all the loaders on the grands had quick disconnects on the right just in front of the cab? I would hate to have to remove the loader with wrenches and leaking hydro...

Also confused by the "...I will rarely have loader off except to do some grapple work and the 3rd function is only 2 hoses..."
The loader has to be on for a grapple, you just take the bucket off. As much as I change back and forth between bucket and grapple I have a set of std quick disconnects, definitely worth the $20 each to install. You can get them at TS or order them online.

Maybe I'm missing the terminology?

Sorry - let me clarify. I meant I didnt opt for the Loader Hose Quick Coupler or 3rd function hoses quick coupler. Yes, all the hoses are the easy push in and pull out - but you can opt for a "flip the lever" system and they all disconnect at once...and yes, the loader frame will likely never come off but yes the bucket and the grapple will connect via the quick flip handles like a skid steer.