L4060 hstc or M7060 cab?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The placement of the fuel fill and the quick couplers has pluses and minuses. They are convenient for the operator but could get ripped off by brush. But it hasn't been a worry for me because they are inside the rear wheel track and inside the bucket width. They are right where you can see them from the seat, so it would take some ingenuity to run them into a stationary object. So it is just that bush that jumps up after you run over it..:eek:

BigRed57

Equipment
L2350 4x4 land pride 4ft bush hog
Jun 29, 2016
Society Hill S.C.
Yeah those hoses are going to get on my nerves. That looks like an engineering marvel there. Haha. Did I mention I don't like Engineers. Worked as a machinist welder fab man for 8 years. Engineers think arse backwards

Grandad4

Equipment
1949 Farmall M, previously owned: L 4610, BX 2230
Apr 5, 2016
Greensboro, NC
It looks like that one-lever quick release hose mechanism that sticks out so much is an option. If you don't choose that option - I'm asking here - doesn't it just come with the usual Pioneer-type indivdual couplers?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
It looks like that one-lever quick release hose mechanism that sticks out so much is an option. If you don't choose that option - I'm asking here - doesn't it just come with the usual Pioneer-type indivdual couplers?
I am not sure what you mean by one-lever quick release. On mine, which looks like the picture, each hose is undone one at a time, but the bracket that holds them still sticks out as shown. Parts of the hoses are protected by a canvas sheath, but it would be possible to screw up and rip the bracket off. Embarassing but possible. :p

Grandad4

Equipment
1949 Farmall M, previously owned: L 4610, BX 2230
Apr 5, 2016
Greensboro, NC
I am not sure what you mean by one-lever quick release. On mine, which looks like the picture, each hose is undone one at a time, but the bracket that holds them still sticks out as shown. Parts of the hoses are protected by a canvas sheath, but it would be possible to screw up and rip the bracket off. Embarassing but possible. :p
One of the loader options is this: "SINGLE LVR VALVE HOSE QUICK COUPLER FOR LOADER". This $700 option apparently allows you to stand beside the tractor and connect or release all of the FEL couplers with a single lever. When the L60 series came out, there were some discussions about how this seemed pretty neat but the position of the mechanism was pretty exposed on the right FEL mounting pillar. Sounds like you get that same exposed bracket setup with or without the quick coupler.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Ah so, that would be interesting. Wonder if it works reliably? For $700 it should, but you know how that goes.

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
I have the 4060 hst non cab. love it. with 3rd function as well. wish I would have gotten topNtilt, a clevis, air ride seat (cause I'm apparently fatter than the spring seat was engineered for) and paid the 700 for the lever quick disconnect (they also have an all hydraulic one. hooks up implements hydraulicly and hooks up hoses hydraulicly, you just put it into a notch and it does the work. don't ask me how I don't know. my dealer was explaining it. it was way too rich for my blood, something like 2k over standard. the one I saw worked pretty slick. I agree the hose placement sucks, but I've had no problem on my 18 acre and 10 acre spreads respectively with it.

BigRed57

Equipment
L2350 4x4 land pride 4ft bush hog
Jun 29, 2016
Society Hill S.C.
Got the tractor in yesterday about 3pm. I put 4 hours on it already. Would have been more but I worked 16 hours the night before and stayed up all day waiting on it to get home. It has it's pros n cons. It is way more of a bumpy ride at higher speeds than my old L2350. Cut 3 fields in 103 deg heat without a sweat. I'm loving it for that reason.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I had to put an air ride seat in mine to smooth my ride out, too rough for these old bones. It wasn't an option on the 5740, so I got help from Paul Short Wildfire to get it done, well worth the money.