L3901 power steering leak

57plymouth

Equipment
Kubota L3901 with FEL, 1955 Ford 900 Row Crop
Oct 26, 2020
Blythewood, SC
I have a leak at the top of the power steering box on my L3901. Pretty sure it's just the return line has a loose clamp, but it's buried under the radiator. Am I missing something obvious about how to reach this silly clamp to tighten it up? Do I have to remove the radiator to access this clamp?

Thanks in advance.

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
Make sure it's not the oil cooler, first. Mine leaked there... as well as a couple others reported in the past. It's easy to see and access to the lower cooler hose is easy to see... if that's it. Location might make it seem like the power steering is leaking (BTW, I have never heard of the PS leaking). If it is, take photos, please!

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Kubota did some weird stuff on those clamps....ain't real easy to get to. I have had to lift the radiator to access them in the past, which ain't hard. Did a 4240 a while back....they put the clamp screw facing UP, right against the radiator, could not get to it with a wrench or anything else for that matter, had to actually remove the radiator on that one.

It's like the japanese who engineered the stuff are still mad at us over the war & getting back at us or something? Dunno.

Reactions: 1 user

DogHandlerMN

Nov 16, 2020
So MN
I had a leak at the cooler, I first thought it was steering too. I had to take the loader off to get to the hose clamp. The clamp had obviously been put on before the radiator. I had to get creative to loosen it enough to turn it so I could get it tightened down properly. I think the YouTube channel DIY my way did a video on it that I found that was helpful.