L3830 GST Error Code 20

JK Farmjn

Equipment
L3830
Jul 3, 2020
Lyles, TN
Hi all,

I was out bush hogging last week with our L3830 and it stopped moving. The GST light came on with Error Code 20. We did some troubleshooting and found a blown 10 amp fuse. Replaced that and it blew again. Next we took off the seat and pulled the ECU. The connector seemed tight. We did some voltage checks on the connector based on steps in the shop manual and things seemed okay.

After putting it back together and putting in a new fuse, the error 20 went away. At this point, there were no codes showing, but we only got a click when turning the key... the starter would not engage. The tractor sat for about a week.

We looked for wire problems when we got back to it, but couldn't find anything obvious. Tried starting again and it fired up and ran as usual. Must have been some wire wiggling that made a difference. I bush hogged for a couple of hours with no issues.

This morning it started fine again, I made it about 100 ft down the driveway and got the error code 20 again. Fuse was blown. Replaced the fuse. Started again, ran for about 20 seconds and the fuse blew.

Any thoughts on where to start looking for this electrical gremlin or what to replace first?

Thanks!