L3800 l3901 l2502

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
If you don't secure this tractor , it will be sold to someone else, and you will be kicking yourself for dragging your feet. This is a great price for clean equipment that is well kept!

Reactions: 1 users

Buckeye22

Mar 30, 2024
South carolina
If you don't secure this tractor , it will be sold to someone else, and you will be kicking yourself for dragging your feet. This is a great price for clean equipment that is well kept!
Yep. I've secured it. Just a matter of when I can pick it up now. Thanks!

Reactions: 3 users

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of update. I was in the keys, then a 17 hour drive back home yesterday due to traffic!! I wasn't as lucky as I was hoping in negotiations and he only came down to 24,500. Still probably going to buy it, but a little more than I wanted to spend - at least no taxes. I did get a couple more pictures. My wife is probably having surgery on Wednesday and I'll need to play the roles of nurse/mom/dad/cook/clean/taxi/insert all the things our wives do, so I might not get out to buy it until her recovery is over, which might be a week. I'll keep y'all posted, but is the extra 2500 enough that I should walk away? My market is hard to find anything this size and price point for some reason. View attachment 125812 View attachment 125811 View attachment 125813
Exactly what fried1765. Put some money down on it ASAP and get it locked up.

Ok, I see you did. Good job!

That guys shop looks like a showcase. He collects stuff and doesn’t use it too much or hard.

Buckeye22

Mar 30, 2024
South carolina
Exactly what fried1765. Put some money down on it ASAP and get it locked up.

Ok, I see you did. Good job!

That guys shop looks like a showcase. He collects stuff and doesn’t use it too much or hard.
I know! That's basically what I told him when he sent me those pictures!

I sent him a down payment as good faith before I went on vacation to hold it for me and take down the listing. Seems like a good guy.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
This is the validation I needed at the higher price point. Thank you! This tractor is as good as mine 🙂
For a bit more assurance:
I doubt that you noticed,....but... .
Loosely attached to the Woods mower 3pt frame is a 3" dia. black tube.
This is an after market tube, with watertight threaded cap, to store a manual, small fittings, wrench, etc.
It simply is an indication to me that the owner is fastidious about equipment care.
I have these storage tubes on several pieces of equipment, including my bush hog style mower.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

GrizBota

Equipment
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
This is an after market tube, with watertight threaded cap, to store a manual, small fittings, wrench, etc.
It simply is an indication to me that the owner is fastidious about equipment care.
I have these storage tubes on several pieces of equipment, including my bush hog style mower.
lol. Well I must be hell on wheels. The tubes on my brush hogs go MIA after the first season.

GrizBota

Equipment
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
I know! That's basically what I told him when he sent me those pictures!

I sent him a down payment as good faith before I went on vacation to hold it for me and take down the listing. Seems like a good guy.
No Looky yet then. Sounds like you’ve been and will be busy for a bit. I think you’re fortunate no one got it ahead of you. If I knew of that deal on my side of the Cascades, I’d buy it just to have it.

Probably is a good guy. I’ve bought many vehicles and trailers from private parties. Usually your gut tells you just from a phone call and some texts. If they are the same way during the walk around, they are likely just a regular good person. Hell the last pick-up bought last fall, the guy texted me last month to let me know he had one of his classics for sale and gave me dibs, as he’s moving out of country. It wasnt as clean as I thought so I let it go.

Buckeye22

Mar 30, 2024
South carolina
No Looky yet then. Sounds like you’ve been and will be busy for a bit. I think you’re fortunate no one got it ahead of you. If I knew of that deal on my side of the Cascades, I’d buy it just to have it.

Probably is a good guy. I’ve bought many vehicles and trailers from private parties. Usually your gut tells you just from a phone call and some texts. If they are the same way during the walk around, they are likely just a regular good person. Hell the last pick-up bought last fall, the guy texted me last month to let me know he had one of his classics for sale and gave me dibs, as he’s moving out of country. It wasnt as clean as I thought so I let it go.
There's something to be said about a gut feeling about a person!

Thank you!

Last edited:

Buckeye22

Mar 30, 2024
South carolina
You are a gem! Impressive eye for detail and good to hear more reasons to feel comfortable!

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Good find man. You now have the best of both worlds.

An (almost) new tractor and no emissions BS to ever have to worry about.

Congratulations, and I hope your wifes surgery goes well. (y)

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I'm a little late to the party here Buckeye22 but congrats on your new machine. I picked up mine a few years ago, its a 2013 and had 260 hours on it. I now have almost 600. For my uses its been great and very reliable.
I would only add what I tell my non tractor friends who look at all the 'iron' in the back, "a tractor is just a paperweight without implements to use on it".
Good luck with it and be careful!

GrizBota

Equipment
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Surgery postponed so the plan is to go pick it up on Friday. Whoop whoop!
Ok, let’s see photos by the weekend then. Have a safe trip and make sure you secure it properly to a good trailer towed with a good truck, both with good brakes.

Buckeye22

Mar 30, 2024
South carolina
Thanks everybody! Today was a long day so it took me a while to get back here and post, but I'm not the proud owner! The guy I bought it from was really nice and showed me how to work it. Had a good buddy of mine that's more familiar come with me and help me look it over. PTO was staying engaged even after turning it off, but with a little lube and fiddling, it started working again. I probably won't get to actually using it until next weekend because it's my birthday and anniversary weekend. Here are a couple pics
1000023311.jpg
1000023312.jpg
1000023313.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

GrizBota

Equipment
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Thanks everybody! Today was a long day so it took me a while to get back here and post, but I'm not the proud owner! The guy I bought it from was really nice and showed me how to work it. Had a good buddy of mine that's more familiar come with me and help me look it over. PTO was staying engaged even after turning it off, but with a little lube and fiddling, it started working again. I probably won't get to actually using it until next weekend because it's my birthday and anniversary weekend. Here are a couple pics View attachment 126249 View attachment 126250 View attachment 126251
Very nice! You did well.

if you want to keep coming West, I can give you a few hundred over what you paid. Joking.

You’re making it look good regardless.

Last edited:

Buckeye22

Mar 30, 2024
South carolina
Very nice! You did well.

if you want to keep coming Westbi can give you a few hundred over what you paid. Joking.

You’re making it look good regardless.
Hahahaha! Now I need to get reading these manuals so I don't mess anything up. Need to hit everything with a grease gun, but all hydraulics are as smooth as I had hoped. It should definitely serve me well over the years. I just can't thank everybody here enough for all of your input!