L3560 vs MX4800 Advice sought

AuburnAlum

Equipment
L2501 HST
Dec 27, 2015
Calahaln, NC
Hello All! I hope you are having a great day.

After a long time looking (years), I believe that I have narrowed down a bit. I live in NC and looking down to a two candidates the L3560 an MX4800. With what I am looking for they hit the price point I want to be in. Here is the implements I am looking at:

-FEL
-Grapple
-Box blade
-Bush hog

Options:

-3rd function
-Top and tilt (with appropriate rear remotes)

I live on 14 acres of rolling heavily wooded land. I will be clearing about four acres of the land leaving the large trees standing. Looking to bush hog that area along with some other parts of the woods I can access. I would not use it to mow the lawn or other areas with more established grass.

I would be using the box blade to cut some paths along the area. Looking to use the top and tilt to assist with this. The land is also old tobacco land and would use it to smooth out the furrows still there. The soil is clay.

With the grapple I would use to pick up move downed trees and brush on the property.

I believe that the L3560 would fit the bill, BUT I think the MS4800 would also provide some stability on the hills along with some strength in using for the box blade. Perhaps more stability with the grapple.

Thank you for any tips and advice.

:cool:

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
The MX4800 isn't going to have some of the bells and whistles the L3560 has but will be a lot better at grapple work because it's loader is much stronger and plus it will be better is running the bushhog because the MX4800 has a lot more PTO power and again like you mentioned the MX4800 will do better pulling the box blade because of the weight differences between the two machines. I had a L3901 and traded it in on a MX5800 because of all the same differences between the two machines. But I'm sure the L3560 will do what you are trying to do it's just going to take more time the FEL performance is the biggest difference between the two you're looking at.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the OTT forum. I guess we won't hold it against you that you went to AU since you live in NC. :D

Like ED said, bigger is normally better, but like with all things there is a trade off.

Depending on the size of the BB, either tractor will handle it fine. To work the bigger trees with the grapple, you will want the MX4800. With either tractor, make sure that you get the tires filled.

Keep us posted and we love pictures.

Cpcareyct

Equipment
L3560 Bh92 Backhoe FEL EA grapple
Mar 18, 2018
Windham Ct
I have a L3560 with backhoe and fel

Also just purchased wicked root grapple

a great machine.