L3560 newbie Ballast

vahaus

Equipment
L3560 with cab
May 15, 2024
Troy, Oh.
Hey all another new to tractor buyer here. Operated them before but never owned one.

In process of buying L3560 with Cab and L805 loader with 66inch bucket. Front mount snowblower as well. No other implements in the plans currently. Looking at adding a quick hitch to the 3 point to add a ballast box and/or a carry all. Trying to figure out best way to add weight and how much weight on rear end to maximize the amount I can pick up. Several hundred large rocks along my fence row that I want to move. Talking about rocks that are 2-5 feet all the way around some larger. So guessing they weigh in excess of 700-800 pounds.

Have also considered loading tires would like to wait until I get weight on the 3 point before I do that.

Suggestions on 3rd party Quick Hitch, Ballast box, Carry all or 3-point fork.

Yotekiller

Equipment
Kubota L2502, LP 60" BB, LP pallet forks, 60" KK Tiller, 55" HSI root grapple
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
Have your tires loaded BEFORE it leaves the lot. Best weight you can add to a tractor...

Reactions: 1 users

fc1

Equipment
L3940
Apr 17, 2024
Michigan
I got a ballast box from bad-Titan. India-made, pretty stout, good features imo incl hitch receiver, drain holes, tool tubes... I got a green one b/c it was on sale and I don't care about such things, lol.

20240522_122726.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
in grade school in tractor classes we were told to add ballast to 3pt rear when a loader was added at a starting rate of about 1/3 to 1/2 the weight of the loader mechanism PLUS the anticipated load you will be putting on the loaders buckets or bale fork or what have you.
Tire weight of course also another option but don't remember the math they taught cause tire weights not very common in these parts.

higher end if on soft / un even / bumpy ground. lower end if lift arms and ballast way out the back versus tucked in.

Reactions: 1 user

Yotekiller

Equipment
Kubota L2502, LP 60" BB, LP pallet forks, 60" KK Tiller, 55" HSI root grapple
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
Dealer has a tire company that will do at my home if I want it.
I am sure they do but there will be an extra cost for that service.

Weight in the tires gets the weight down to the lowest possible point where it's needed the most. Nothing else does as well as a job for getting the weight down low as does tire ballast. Also with loaded tires, that weight is always there no matter what. This is great for when you have a light implement on the back such as a landscape rake or whatever.
I have loaded tires and even with a 700# tiller on the back, have managed to lift my rear end up. loaded tires is one of those "must haves" IMO.

Reactions: 1 user