L345DT Front Axle Leak

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
First, if I offended you with my last response that was not my intent. I wanted to get more comments telling me why my thinking was wrong. Also, you have raised more questions for me. It looks like the bushing you refer to as part #37800-43890 is listed in my parts manual as #38630-4348-0 (part 9 in the axle case drawing) and is not present in my axle case assembly. I thought the collar integral to the new oil seal replaced that collar. Also, I can't find part #37800-43920 (pin) in my parts manual drawing or my assembly. Do you by chance have a drawing that shows these parts? Thanks, Mac
You can try the kubota website, and see if a part number superceded another number.

http://www.kubota.com/part/partsList.aspx

Just hit the i accept. .... and open. Then type in your model number. Should give you a couple options. Click on the one with the full model number for your tractor :)

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
The parts diagram at the Kubota website is the same as you posted. (copy attached) It doesn't indicate a superceding part number for seal 8. Usually if there's a change they note it there. Also, googling the seal part number returns no clues it has been replaced.

I've noticed the Kubota parts list website is a little notchy - for me it loads and works best on my old desktop running XP. Also, if you hit the print button it produces a file that needs to be renamed with .pdf extension to open.

Good luck with the axle. The L345 is a gem of a tractor - got my first one in 1982, eventually trading for bigger & more hp, but I have another L345 today - handy size. Take care, Dick B

Last edited:

ThisIsNotaStep

Equipment
2005 bx23 tlb
Nov 26, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Kubota doesn't show seals as 2 parts, they only show the one. As everyone said, agrees, the springs go towards the oil, down. When installing the new seal grease the crap out of it,freeze it, and gently in it goes.