L3400 Stuck in gear (?)

Scuffy

Equipment
L3400 tractor
Sep 29, 2013
Newberg, OR
My L3400 was used by my son with the Brush Bull attached. He parked it and it sat for probably a month. I started it and put it in gear, but it didn't move when I let the clutch out. So I put it in neutral and checked the PTO lever; seemed to be disengaged. Still wouldn't move forward in gear. So I shut it off, but when I tried to re-start lights came on but nothing happened. Gear shift is in neutral, but seems stuck on "high" side of the shift pattern. Won't move back and forth as if it were really in neutral and won't move up into "high" position either. Either way the tractor won't turn over because it really isn't in neutral. Does that make sense?

New to forum; looking for guidance.

Bug-O-1

Equipment
Fransgaurd-farming winch
Aug 19, 2012
Liberty Maine
Been looking online to see if anyone else had their tractor get stuck in gear, now I feel better. I have this same tractor (07) kubota L3400dt with 400 hrs. and today I just had this same problem for the first time. I had to pry the low range bar back into the shifting lever. I wonder if the linkage is getting wore out, or out of adjustment, or even worse the shifting forks inside the transmission are getting bad?, I hope/prey not!!

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
It's not a common problem. Maybe just bound up from being in 4wd or something? My L3800 did it a couple times when new, but not since.