L3301 Wiring Damage

Bowhubter83

Equipment
L3301h
Apr 14, 2019
Indiana
Had a dog ( that passed ) eat parts of my wiring harness
On my l3301 ... have the tractor running but it’s is in “ limp mode “ I am missing two parts ... have spend hours online and at the Kubota store trying to figure out what and how to get replacement parts .... they’re answer is a complete new wiring harness for $1100 plus labor .. any help would be great .... the have the parts that I took from of a new Kubota l3301

Attachments

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Re: Wiring

Without a workshop manual (WSM) you are completely in the dark.

I do not have access to one that matches your model of tractor.
I have the following L series stuff but any of them could be completely misleading.

L3130,3430,3830,4630,5030, L3540, 4240, 5040, 5240, 5740, L4100, L2250, L2550, 2850, 3250,

A Kubota dealer has immediate access to pdf copies of all manuals including the Workshop manual. Go with a USB drive and ask the owner to help you.... some charge, a few will give it free to a good customer.

Your photos are too small to be of any use. When I click on the thumbnail, what comes up is not much larger.

It is not clear to me exactly what your problem is since you say you have a wiring harness from another same model. Can you please clarify a bit more.

Dave

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

Without a workshop manual (WSM) you are completely in the dark.

I do not have access to one that matches your model of tractor.
I have the following L series stuff but any of them could be completely misleading.

L3130,3430,3830,4630,5030, L3540, 4240, 5040, 5240, 5740, L4100, L2250, L2550, 2850, 3250,

A Kubota dealer has immediate access to pdf copies of all manuals including the Workshop manual. Go with a USB drive and ask the owner to help you.... some charge, a few will give it free to a good customer.

Your photos are too small to be of any use. When I click on the thumbnail, what comes up is not much larger.

It is not clear to me exactly what your problem is since you say you have a wiring harness from another same model. Can you please clarify a bit more.

Dave
Dave, Kubota dealers in the US won't share the work shop manuals like they do in Canada. They will be more then happy to sell you one though. ;)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

Are you looking for a replacement plug like the one your holding in your hand in one of the pictures? Do they mate with the two blank connectors?

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas

Usually you can repair instead of replacing a whole wiring harness.

In the first picture, does the arrow point to the mates that you are wanting to replace? Are the parts connectors or something else?

Are those the two connectors that go to the rear harness?

Suggest that you take a picture showing the general area of the repair, (location to fuel tank, control panel, or other location).

Then a closer look, refer to the picture with text telling us what needs to be repaired.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas

Bowhubter***8230;. I"m not a moderator, and this first comment isn't intended to criticize you personally but to cause everyone present to GIVE A THOUGHT to how one creates a "subject/Topic" line when posting a msg: GIVE SOME INFO to the subject line to avoid unnecessary confusion and to ELICIT replies.

"Wiring" is not much better Topic than "TRACTOR" would be. Almost useless for soliciting meaningful help. In your case, this topic should mention "L3301 Wiring Damage". Those of us who can help will, and those of us that know nothing about this kind of issue won't give you useless replies.

Second comment: I had a similar problem with my used tractor...damaged by mice probably, and Messick's 800 number worked for me. Their technical assistant emailed me a wiring schematic within minutes of my request. The color coding of the wires were properly identified and I simply patched the harness without much trouble at all. The connectors which you show in your pics are not important except to make a harness easily replaceable.
Clearly that's ridiculously expensive.... all you are required to do is connect the color-coded/identified wires to each other, and you can use ordinary, simple, connectors.... either male/female crimp-connectors... or butt-splices (if you expect not to have to disconnect them in the future.) I"d probably do the latter.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

i have set for L3300 if i could get my wife to forward it to you if thats good pls let my know and Ill try
L3300 and L3301 are 2 completely different animals. ;)

And you have a set of what ????

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
On my l3301 ... have the tractor running but it’s is in “ limp mode “ I am missing two parts ... have spend hours online and at the Kubota store trying to figure out what and how to get replacement parts .... they’re answer is a complete new wiring harness for $1100 plus labor .. any help would be great .... the have the parts that I took from of a new Kubota l3301
Sorry your dog passed! :(

Tractor probably deserved being chewed on! :D

You really do need to explain a little better what parts you need?
Or what information you need. ;)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
First time I've ever heard of a dog chewing wiring on a tractor. Whizz on the tires maybe....:eek:

Usually, it's mice.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

this is the parts diagram Reference fig # a005xx
I'm really good at interpreting tech speak, but you're losing me, You really need to use normal language to explain what you are trying to get.

This is parts diagram A00500

I don't think you want this!

Attachments

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Check the dealer's service department. Lots of them (including mine) keep old wiring harnesses just for this reason. I can't count how many times a customer has come in looking for an injector connector or similar. Lots of times we have them (but not always). I don't sell them (can't) but I'll give them to someone who is in need and can't afford a $1100 harness for ONE connector. Where'd the harnesses come from? Lots of times we'll get an insurance job tractor in where squirrels ate the harness up....and as you already know, the only way to get a connector is to replace the whole harness. Most times the harness is so badly eaten/damaged that it's irreparable but I keep 'em anyway because you never know who's gonna need a connector or a single piece of wire. Speed sensor connectors on the Grand L 40 series were popular for a while, and I ain't got none of those left. Injector connectors are popular too since rats and tree rats like to build their nests right there on the top of the motor. I tell people who have this issue that they need a cat or two butt the response is usually that they hate cats, and that ain't my problem.

hiho silver

Equipment
Orange Tractor L3901
Nov 28, 2016
Midwest US
This workshop manual may be helpful?
http://www.kubotabooks.com/AutoInde...file=L3301, L3901, L4701 Workshop manual..pdf