L3301 Wheel Camber

Pilotray

Equipment
L3301 HST, Third function, 60"BB and 60" rake. 20' Bye-rite 14K trailer.
Nov 8, 2013
Molino, FL
Brought home a new L3301 4WD tonight. After 2 hours of play time, my wife walks up during clean up and asks why the front tires are tilted in at the top.

Is it normal for the front wheels to have some camber to them? I didn't notice at the dealer but sitting on our parking pad it's noticeable.

Any thoughts appreciated.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Brought home a new L3301 4WD tonight. After 2 hours of play time, my wife walks up during clean up and asks why the front tires are tilted in at the top.

Is it normal for the front wheels to have some camber to them? I didn't notice at the dealer but sitting on our parking pad it's noticeable.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Even the little manual shows the picture of the wheel/tire at a over exaggerated tilt!:D:) Normal!

Pilotray

Equipment
L3301 HST, Third function, 60"BB and 60" rake. 20' Bye-rite 14K trailer.
Nov 8, 2013
Molino, FL
Awesome. Thanks for the quick replies. It may look weird but man the tractor sure turns quick.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
It's a function of getting the tires to bite correctly in soft soils/mud. The outer wheel in a turn acts to float 'up' the side of the tire and the inner one moves to almost 'vertical' acting like a rudder and cutting the maximum amount of turn. It lets the tractor stay somewhat level and turn rapidly in soft materials. On hard stuff it wears the crap out of the outsides of the tires! It's why you need those wide, thick lug R4 tires on hard surfaces if you are on them a lot. R1's & turfs wear out real fast on hard surfaces.

DocGP

Sep 17, 2014
SE TX
Yep, I have an old L3010 that I have roaded enough that my tread had worn way slanted. I swapped the sides on the front tires a year ago and now the wear is beginning to come back.....my tread is just pointing the wrong direction!!! Will swap it back someday :D

Doc

NS kubota

Equipment
Kubota MX4800, Norse 350 logging winch, Hla 2042 pallet forks, Woods BSS60
Dec 21, 2014
Nova Scotia, Canada
The camber of the front wheels is similar to that of a road grader only difference is that the grader front wheels can lean by control of the operator to steer when the mouldboard is cutting hard.