L3130 Clutch Problems

geobet

Aug 23, 2010
shippenville,pa usa
I have an L3130. The splines of the clutch disk went out at 200 hrs and was under warranty the dealer replaced it. It has now gone out again at 1870 hours. The clutch disk looks brand new but the splines are worn off. The kubota dealer I talked to said this was normal. Has anyone else heard of this. It does not seem normal to me. I suggested that maybe they should use a heavier metal in the production of the splines. Has Kubota addressed this issue?

Thanks.

geobet

Aug 23, 2010
shippenville,pa usa
Thanks Vic. I contacted Kubota in Columbus Ohio. They tried to tell me this is all the longer you get out of a clutch spline. He tried to say this is normal. Everyone I talk to says this is not normal because the clutch looks brand new. I agree after 5000 hours or so you may need to replace a clutch but the splines should be alright. I do not know how to get through to them that maybe they have a problem with the metal in thier clutch. If this is a common problem I think it would be a responsibility of thiers to correct it. What do you think?

Thanks for listening and responding,
George