L295 Tachometer

Mjordan

Equipment
Kubota L295
Sep 7, 2020
Indiana
My L295 model has a froze up tachometer. Messicks tells me that there is no replacement. Has anyone ran into this, and if so might you share your suggestions? Thank you

Mjordan

Equipment
Kubota L295
Sep 7, 2020
Indiana
I truly think the tack is bad. The cable was bad as well. Mid week I will have a new cable and be able to update there after. Thanks for replying sir

biffog

Equipment
L345DT & B5000
Sep 30, 2019
Clane, KE, Ireland
on my L345 the cable and the bevel gear that turns the cable were both bad. When you get the cable attach it to the tach and turn it with a drill. You can also attach the cable to the bevel gear and run the tractor, see if it turns.

Mjordan

Equipment
Kubota L295
Sep 7, 2020
Indiana
Thank you biffog. It ends up I had the same. Both the cable and the gear that turns the cable are bad. Getting new parts now.

Another question please: I just installed a new water temp gauge and sensor. I cannot get it to register. It just sits on C. I have not ran the tractor hard yet, so don't know if it has even gotten up to temp, just odd that it is buried on the C. I had to splice the sensor wire. Would that mess things up?

Another question? I have a new oil pressure sensor. I have no idea how to wire this as the old sensor did not have any wires. It looks like it goes to the tachometer as the oil pressure is shown. any suggestions on how to get drawings for these electronics, or suggestions on how to wire them?

I wired the temp gauge to the sensor, a 12 volt wire, and a ground

Sorry so many questions, but thank you!! The tractor atleast runs now and can be used, just working on those small items now.

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
Here is a link to the electrical schematics in a online, (also downloadable), service manual for the L295.
CLCIK HERE FOR LINK. Bottom diagram.

Mjordan

Equipment
Kubota L295
Sep 7, 2020
Indiana
Thank you very much sir. I will try and figure it out. The owners before me had done away with the dynamo and installed what looks to be a ford or chevy alternator, so the wiring it screwed up. I bet with this I can get some wires to somewhere on this outfit. Appreciate it greatly.

fox87stang

Equipment
L-305
Oct 30, 2020
Texas
Mjordan, I'm trying to replace my temp gauge and sensor. The wire were broken coming off of the gauge and I'm not 100% sure where it is supposed to be wired to. Since you just replaced this, can you tell me where it is supposed to be connected.

I originally thought it went to the side of the block on the left side (stamped #3) but after reading on here it looks like it the temp gauge may be reading from the top of the head.

Mjordan

Equipment
Kubota L295
Sep 7, 2020
Indiana
Good morning. The temp sensor is located at the back of the engine, on the top right behind the glow plug that is at the rear of the engine. I bought a new gauge from Messicks and new sensor. The wire from the sensor goes directly to the gauge and the other wire is positive from a power source. My gauge still did not work. It is buried in the C. I think I have a break in the sensor wire, but haven’t dug into it quite yet. Hope this answers your question. If not, feel free to get back with me. I have been all over this tractor and have learned a lot about it so do have a little experience now

Mjordan

Equipment
Kubota L295
Sep 7, 2020
Indiana
Furthermore, the sensor at the side of the engine is the oil pressure switch. It goes to a light on the tach gauge. Mine is not hooked up. That is another thing on my list to delve into yet