L2850 DT Front Axle Repairs With slack in right Shaft Bevel Gear

L275

Equipment
L275F, L2850D, BF500 Loader, FS1020, M5-4 Cutter, 500 PostDigger, CRB60 Blade...
Jun 8, 2019
Naples, FL.
Bought an L2850DT tractor with a bad front axle making grinding noise from front right wheel.
Checked Oil in axle at front left wheel dip stick and found it empty.
Heavy Oil dried on outside right front axle housing.

Pulled front right "Front Axle" and both bearings and Bevel Gear look ok.
Metal shavings in lower front axle case with front axle case bevel gear worn at the bottom.
I Plan to pull the front axle case next.

How much slack should i have in the front axle case bevel gear shaft? It seems to have too much slack.

What else should i look for?

Last edited:

L275

Equipment
L275F, L2850D, BF500 Loader, FS1020, M5-4 Cutter, 500 PostDigger, CRB60 Blade...
Jun 8, 2019
Naples, FL.
FYI... Found Lower Axle Bearing completely wore out/gutted which caused slack and the axle housing to wear and stress cracks to form as shown in picture attached.
I was lucky to find a new stock OEM Axle housing and rebuilt it with new oil seals and new bearings along with new c clips and thrust collars...
Changed both oil seals in other side axle also as preventative since appeared older with some sign of leaks. Hope this helps someone else!

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

JRNV

Equipment
kubota l2850
Jul 17, 2017
Nevada
FYI... Found Lower Axle Bearing completely wore out/gutted which caused slack and the axle housing to wear and stress cracks to form as shown in picture attached.
I was lucky to find a new stock OEM Axle housing and rebuilt it with new oil seals and new bearings along with new c clips and thrust collars...
Changed both oil seals in other side axle also as preventative since appeared older with some sign of leaks. Hope this helps someone else!
We’re did you find that axle housing?

L275

Equipment
Jun 8, 2019
Naples, FL.
We’re did you find that axle housing?
I found it through a Kubota Dealer at about $600 + S/H.
I had to call a few dealers because the others couldn't find it or didn't want to look. After calling many Kubota Dealers one found a new OEM axle case in a warehouse in Kansas i believe.
It was missing the top fill plug but I don't need it since i can fill from the fill port/dipstick location or from the other axle. They are getting hard to find!

JRNV

Equipment
kubota l2850
Jul 17, 2017
Nevada
I found it through a Kubota Dealer at about $600 + S/H.
I had to call a few dealers because the others couldn't find it or didn't want to look. After calling many Kubota Dealers one found a new OEM axle case in a warehouse in Kansas i believe.
It was missing the top fill plug but I don't need it since i can fill from the fill port/dipstick location or from the other axle. They are getting hard to find!
I have been looking for the left side for months now can’t find one anywhere.

L275

Equipment
Jun 8, 2019
Naples, FL.
I have been looking for the left side for months now can’t find one anywhere.
Can your Axle Case be repaired?
The part number changed for mine so depending on the year of yours it may have changed. I had several dealers looking at the old part number only so until a dealer researched and actually called the manufacturer to get a new number you may not get far.
My RH Axle Case (Right Side) OLD Part number is 32430-43834 and my elusive NEW Part # is 32430-43854. Don't assume that they will look up the updated part number. Good Luck!

Last edited:

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Can your Axle Case be repaired?
The part number changed for mine so depending on the year of yours it may have changed. I had several dealers looking at the old part number only so until a dealer researched and actually called the manufacturer to get a new number you may not get far.
My RH Axle Case (Right Side) OLD Part number is 32430-43854 and my elusive NEW Part # is 32430-43854. Don't assume that they will look up the updated part number. Good Luck!
Were you searching by description or using a part number?

L275

Equipment
Jun 8, 2019
Naples, FL.
Were you searching by description or using a part number?
I'm not a Kubota dealer so i was not searching since i don't have access to Kubota Orders. I was calling several different Kubota parts departments to search although some had trouble because part numbers changed showing deleted or no stock on old number. All but 1 said no stock available, discontinued.
The 1 Kubota Dealer said he found OEM stock in the US with 2 available that other dealers couldn't find.

Attachments

JRNV

Equipment
kubota l2850
Jul 17, 2017
Nevada
I'm not a Kubota dealer so i was not searching since i don't have access to Kubota Orders. I was calling several different Kubota parts departments to search although some had trouble because part numbers changed showing deleted or no stock on old number. All but 1 said no stock available, discontinued.
The 1 Kubota Dealer said he found OEM stock in the US with 2 available that other dealers couldn't find.
I will try other kubota dealers on Monday see if I have better luck

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I will try other kubota dealers on Monday see if I have better luck
Contact Mr. Barker, tell him what you need. He has several resources and will be able to come up with a replacement number if there is such a thing.
The latest part number I come up with for LH is discontinued with no supersession. That seems strange as the RH side is readily available.

Internet Parts
877-851-3647
parts@colemanequip.com

L275

Equipment
Jun 8, 2019
Naples, FL.
Contact Mr. Barker, tell him what you need. He has several resources and will be able to come up with a replacement number if there is such a thing.
The latest part number I come up with for LH is discontinued with no supersession. That seems strange as the RH side is readily available.

Internet Parts
877-851-3647
parts@colemanequip.com
(OLD Part number is 32430-43834 and my elusive NEW Part # is 32430-43854)
I found that all Kubota Parts depts. said that the right side and left side were both discontinued with no supersession until i called another one who found it.
After calling several places i was able to find a Kubota dealer that found 2 right side axle cases only on a shelf which Kubota said were not even in the system so they had to call the Kubota Georgia Plant to get the parts active in the system so i could buy one of them.
I was told previously that they were all gone for both the left and right side and would not be produced again.

I was looking for a fuel tank and went through the same thing (Discontinued) with $1000 MSRP price differences at different dealers. A dealer did find 1 saying a new vendor had 1 available after the old vendor stopped making them.

You may need to call several dealers that have a good connection with the Georgia Plant or just get lucky.
Best of Luck!

Last edited: