L260 Hydraulic Fluid Drain

Racer X

Equipment
GR2110 ~ 1948 Ford 8N ~ 1948 Adams Motor Grader ~ Kubota L260
Apr 28, 2017
The Great Pacific Northwet
Does anyone know where the drain is for an L260 hydraulic system? The operator's manual indicates it is on the bottom of the gearcase, but the only plug is for the drivetrain (differential, PTO, transmission).

I've looked and looked, and don't see any provisions for draining the hydraulic oil.

Racer X

Equipment
Apr 28, 2017
I see a Workshop Manual for the L175.....L260 here, maybe it'll explain better than the Ops Manual:

http://kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/in...s/&AutoIndex=3fccd77e0e7ac19299db6f4c8a179129
Thanks for the reply.

I've looked though that manual, and even though is has lots of info, it is typical of Kubota manuals. They combine multiple models, and then leave out crucial information.

The text mentions several times to drain the hydraulic fluid for repairs, yet not a single indicator of where to drain the hydraulic system.

Not one.

Unless they have it well hidden.

Racer X

Equipment
Apr 28, 2017
Apparently it is, try this thread

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8313

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Mike, thanks for looking that up, I really appreciate it. That is indeed where the drain is, got it all drained and refilled.

And cleaned.

What a mess.

They sure didn't think that one through. I'm thinking I may have to come up with a solution that doesn't let the fluid run all over the axle and brake housing.

I don't know why, but I have a heck of a time searching for stuff. I searched the web and here, and came up with nothing. Not sure if I'm using the wrong search terms or what, but whenever I search I usually come up with nothing.

Mrs. Racer, on the other hand is awesome. If I happen to make an off hand comment about not being able to find something I've been looking for, in a very short time she will call me over and ask, "Is this what you were talking about?

She doesn't even have to know what the thing is either.

I call her a Web Ferret.