L2501 and hydraulic rear valve: BH77 compatibility

ahddib

Equipment
L2501, 5' bushhog, FEL w/ bucket and Grapple, and post hole digger.
Jun 7, 2022
Alabama
In the photos, I took snapshots of the current hydraulics I have going on.
I have a FEL with Grapple, a rear hydraulic hookup on a lever, and now BH77.

Is the BH77 able to go through the rear valve I already have?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
In the photos, I took snapshots of the current hydraulics I have going on.
I have a FEL with Grapple, a rear hydraulic hookup on a lever, and now BH77.

Is the BH77 able to go through the rear valve I already have?

Where is your rear remote valve? Is it a factory remote under the seat? Are you trying to add the backhoe to your configuration or is it already hooked up?

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
You have to have the Power Beyond loop to run the BH77. This comes as part of the 4pt sub-frame.
Looks like he got that. Easy to hook up and if he did not get it easy to make one. I think he wants to know how it hooks up to the tractor and may be contemplating the remotes on his valve.

Dan

Last edited:

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Looks like he got that. Easy to hook up and if he did not get it easy to make one. I think he wants to know how it hooks up to the tractor and may be contemplating the remotes on his valve.

Dan
Dan,
I don't see the loop in the pictures the the OP posted. I see one remote on the back, not the loop hose.

OP, you will have to get the other bracket and hose extensions if you are going to mount the BH77. The seat won't clear the bracket you have.

This is the Power Beyond loop that is needed. This is a picture of my tractor after I installed the sub-frame and the loop.

13_28_10.jpg

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Dan,
I don't see the loop in the pictures the the OP posted. I see one remote on the back, not the loop hose.

OP, you will have to get the other bracket and hose extensions if you are going to mount the BH77. The seat won't clear the bracket you have.

This is the Power Beyond loop that is needed. This is a picture of my tractor after I installed the sub-frame and the loop.

View attachment 90635
I understand. I think from looking at his pictures he has all of that and wants to know how to hook it up.

His question is not real clear. I think he is asking if it is OK to plug it into his remote outlets and it's not.

If we can get some clarifications from him we can get him pointed to the proper place to make the connections to his remotes which is not the outlets but the power beyond hose currently going from the remote valve back to the outlet block on the tractor.

Dan

ahddib

Equipment
Jun 7, 2022
Alabama
hey y'all,

Appreciate the commentary and have a few more pictures to help clarify. The problem I'm having trying to ask the question is that I'm not sure exactly what to ask.

From what i gather I can't just use the rear facing interface I currently have, but I think I understand now that I will have to route the "Power beyond" hose to the BH77 first, then from that to the rear interface, then back into the return. Is that correct?

here's a basic diagram of my understanding of my tractor's hydraulics and where I think I need to put the BH77 in the system. It's likely wrong and that's why I'm here asking for help!
1668646524063.png

Photos for better understanding of the setup:

ahddib

Equipment
Jun 7, 2022
Alabama
Dan,

View attachment 90635
I do have that i think it came with the BH77, just haven't installed it yet because IDK where to put it!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
hey y'all,

Appreciate the commentary and have a few more pictures to help clarify. The problem I'm having trying to ask the question is that I'm not sure exactly what to ask.

From what i gather I can't just use the rear facing interface I currently have, but I think I understand now that I will have to route the "Power beyond" hose to the BH77 first, then from that to the rear interface, then back into the return. Is that correct?

here's a basic diagram of my understanding of my tractor's hydraulics and where I think I need to put the BH77 in the system. It's likely wrong and that's why I'm here asking for help!
View attachment 90680

Photos for better understanding of the setup:
It is very simple - I have attached your picture of the hydraulic outlet block and the parts diagram for the L2501 attaching kit for reference.

You first disconnect the power beyond hose at the outlet block and run it to the rear of the tractor for the backhoe supply - see annotated picture. You will need to put a female quick coupler on it as shown in the upper left hand circle of the parts diagram

You then run the backhoe return line (middle right circle in the parts diagram) back to the open port on the hydraulic block (bottom right circle in diagram).

Thats all there is to it.

To hook or unhook the backhoe to the hoses on the tractor you must first shut the engine off. Additionally, when the backhoe is not mounted you must plug the male coupler (middle right circle) into the female coupler (upper left circle) before starting the tractor and leave it connected the entire time the backho is not mounted. Failure to do that can damage the hydraulic system.

If that is not clear do not hesitate to ask more questions.

Dan

1668647669791.png

1668648375901.png

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
This is a a link to the original Kubota mounting instructions for a BH77. It tells how to hook up the hydraulics in the tractor and includes pictures
Excelllent!! That should provide all the detail the OP needs.

However there is one small difference he needs to be mindful of. He will not be connecting the backhoe to the power beyond port on the loader valve as described in those instructions - his connection will be made to the power beyond port on the OEM remote valve under the seat. Exact same concept but different valve. If he has the hose kit for the loader valve hookup he may need to substitute one of the proper length and with the correct end fittings for connecting to the remote valve.

Dan

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Excelllent!! That should provide all the detail the OP needs.

However there is one small difference he needs to be mindful of. He will not be connecting the backhoe to the power beyond port on the loader valve as described in those instructions - his connection will be made to the power beyond port on the OEM remote valve under the seat. Exact same concept but different valve. If he has the hose kit for the loader valve hookup he may need to substitute one of the proper length and with the correct end fittings for connecting to the remote valve.

Dan
No I don’t think you are right. For my B2920, you hook up to the the power beyond on the loader like the instructions says, then the return from the backhoe loop feeds the remote valve, instead of feeding the remote valve directly from the loader valve.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
No I don’t think you are right. For my B2920, you hook up to the the power beyond on the loader like the instructions says, then the return from the backhoe loop feeds the remote valve, instead of feeding the remote valve directly from the loader valve.
My advice is based on hydraulic best practice. It works either way but the problem with the way your hoe is plumbed is the backhoe valve does not have a power beyond port. So you are using the tank port to supply the remotes which creates a very real potential for excessive back pressure on the tank port of the backhoe valve. Far better I think to have the backhoe at the end of the chain which eliminates that potential.

Dan

Last edited:

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
The instructions that came with the factory remotes for my L01 specifically called for my BH77 (called inlet hose) to use the PB from the rear remote’s outlet block (under the seat). Then the BH77’s ‘outlet’ hose went back to the hydraulic block.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The instructions that came with the factory remotes for my L01 specifically called for my BH77 (called inlet hose) to use the PB from the rear remote’s outlet block (under the seat). Then the BH77’s ‘outlet’ hose went back to the hydraulic block.
That should be in the installation instructions for the backhoe as well. Kubota finally got their act together and used a valve with power beyond on the BH70.

Dan

Last edited:

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
My advice is based on hydraulic best practice. It works either way but the problem with the way your hoe is plumbed is the backhoe valve does not have a power beyond port. So you are using the tank port to supply the remotes which creates a very real potential for excessive back pressure on the tank port of the backhoe valve. Far better I think to have the backhoe at the end of the chain which eliminates that potential.

Dan
Dan is absolutely right, and I'll add this. If the system is not plumbed correctly, be it with using remotes or whatever, you can very easily fight yourself with destroying seals, o-rings, etc--and I've been through this. It's very frustrating. Kubota issued a bulletin that discussed exactly what Dan's talking about. Someone else can post it. Basically the backhoe valve is the last part of the hydraulic sequence and it doesn't matter how many other components are put on the PB circuit, the backhoe has to be last.

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
That should be in the installation instructions for the backhoe as well. Kubota finally got their act together and used a valve with power beyond on the BH70.

Dan
A long time back, I went to the Kubota ‘build your own’ page and while I could configure rear remotes with an L3301 and BH77, the minute I tried that combo with the L2501, options started getting ‘greyed out’.
Perhaps it was a web page bug, or maybe a BH77 with rear remotes on an L2501 isn’t a factory-supported mix. I wouldn’t know why not— but I never looked into it further.