L245DT Front Differential Oil

smeato

Equipment
L245DT
Jan 28, 2013
Australia
I can not locate the level plug for the front diff oil on my L245DT. There is a plug on top of the axle housings either side, when removed, these only show the front drive axles (no dip sticks etc), I can feel the oil level by placing a small screwdriver down beside the axle shaft on each side. I would like to change the oil, is this done by measuring what comes out, or is there a correct level plug somewhere? I would appreciate any assistance, thank you.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Remove one for the front tire/wheel assymblies. The level plug is between the wheel and the axle pivot houseing. Once you find it, you cansee why I said "allmost put the wheel off".

smeato

Equipment
L245DT
Jan 28, 2013
Australia
I am still not certain we a talking about the same compartment, I have found level plugs for the drive hubs on each front wheel, these are in behind the wheel rim. But I am after the oil level for the front differential (centre) section.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
If you cannot find literature that states amount..........ie........1qt or 1 liter......or?

If you drain a quart, reinstall a quart.

As long as the bearings are in the bath...........an once or two one way or the other is just not that crucial.

Typically difs are filled just above the half way mark.

smeato

Equipment
L245DT
Jan 28, 2013
Australia
If you cannot find literature that states amount..........ie........1qt or 1 liter......or?

If you drain a quart, reinstall a quart.

As long as the bearings are in the bath...........an once or two one way or the other is just not that crucial.

Typically difs are filled just above the half way mark.
Ok thanks, I'll measure the amount that is drained and replace the same.