L245 Hydraulic cylinder

abeconnally

Equipment
Kubota L245DT
Sep 26, 2020
Texas
I am trying to diagnose a hydraulic issue on my L245DT. The 3 pt lift won't raise.

So, I have removed the cylinder head, and I notice there's some leaking around the piston. But I can't get the piston out to change the rings.

Do I have to take the entire assembly, seat and all off to do this?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I am trying to diagnose a hydraulic issue on my L245DT. The 3 pt lift won't raise.

So, I have removed the cylinder head, and I notice there's some leaking around the piston. But I can't get the piston out to change the rings.

Do I have to take the entire assembly, seat and all off to do this?

DO you have this manual? It will download - PDF file Look at page 60

Reactions: 1 user

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
Did you get the piston out ?
If Im reading correctly it says to "hand push piston and liner out"
So I assume this is the problem, in that it wont come out when you try ?
If you cant "push" the piston out by hand, then Im curious if you need to remove the rockshaft housing, prior to doing so. I know it doesnt say to do that, but thats what it sounds like in the procedures.

abeconnally

Equipment
Kubota L245DT
Sep 26, 2020
Texas
No, I didn't, I think I have to take the whole assembly apart.

You can't "push" the piston out, because pushing makes it go back in. You have to pull it, and there's noting to grab on to.

So, I think the whole housing must come off to be able to push it out.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Would pushing down on the short rock shaft arms push the piston outward in the cylinder? But don’t lift them very far by hand, there is a con ting rod that can fall out of the assembly.

JRaf

Equipment
L245DT
Oct 15, 2019
Los Olivos CA
Would pushing down on the short rock shaft arms push the piston outward in the cylinder? But don’t lift them very far by hand, there is a con ting rod that can fall out of the assembly.
Yeah, push down or pull up on the arms. It should come right out. I don't think you have to remove the big cover.