L175 Fuse panel upgrade

Quebota

Equipment
L175, front loader, rear scraper
Jan 14, 2015
Stanwood, WA
Since I was having trouble finding anyone who carried the wire fuses for my tractor, I decided to upgrade my fuse panel to use the more readily available glass barrel fuses.

Attached is a PDF file documenting the upgrade.

Hopefully someone will find this useful.

Darin

Attachments

Last edited:

Quebota

Equipment
Jan 14, 2015
Stanwood, WA
@D2Cat - Thanks and you bring up a good point I forgot to ask about.

I currently don't have a cover for the fuse box but I see they do sell them online but was wondering if anyone who has one might be able to measure the inside depth (height) of their cover so I can see if it will fit over my modified fuses.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I will try to remember to measure it this weekend. Mine is a L185 but should be the same. I recall that mine has the glass fuses but it has been some time since I had the cover off.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Was out in the barn today and took the fuse cover off and brought inside. It was dark in there so I didn't pay attention to it, but I think the lip fits down over the tractor side about 1/16th of an inch. This is what seals it. I'll go back out tomorrow and tape a couple round fuses to this cover and see how it fits. Only thing I'm not sure of, is how far the holders you used extend up.

Attachments

Quebota

Equipment
Jan 14, 2015
Stanwood, WA
Thanks for looking into the dimensions of the fuse cover. Just from the pictures you posted it looks like it's probably not going to be tall enough. I don't have the measurement of the fuses I put in but I'm pretty sure it's just about 1/2" high. If anyone has the glass fuses I'd love to see a picture of those as well. It might give me an idea how to make them shorter as well.

Thanks again.
Darin

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Thanks for looking into the dimensions of the fuse cover. Just from the pictures you posted it looks like it's probably not going to be tall enough. I don't have the measurement of the fuses I put in but I'm pretty sure it's just about 1/2" high. If anyone has the glass fuses I'd love to see a picture of those as well. It might give me an idea how to make them shorter as well.

Thanks again.
Darin

I'll take a look at mine and see what the dimensions are. The l1501 has the same fuse panel as the l185. The covers either a little deeper or they recessed the fuse panel a tad to get the clearance needed. Can't remember which, it's been about a year since I pulled the cover off. Looked at the parts diagram and couldn't tell if the part number listed was for the fuse panel and cover or just the fuse panel.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Measured the cover on mine. It's 1/2" tall. Measured where the base of the cover sits to the top of the fuses. It has 1/16th of an inch clearance between the top of the fuses to the cover if that. It's definitely tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Quebota,
You could make either cover work, just shim out our fuse panel (that will move it deeper as your is mounted on the inside) and then use a longer bolt on the cover. :)
Daren's pic has the cover on the outside and it couldn't be done the same way if it needed done.;)

Quebota

Equipment
Jan 14, 2015
Stanwood, WA
Thanks for all the reply's everyone. I think I'm going to buy one of the covers online and hope for the best. Sounds like it will be close and I'll make it work either way.

That_guy_Steve

Equipment
Kubota L175
Oct 15, 2023
United States
I Know this is digging this thread up from the way back, but I made an updated fuse panel with my 3d printer and some parts from amazon. This is intended to help others the way this forum has helped me immensely with my L175 rehab. I made this account just to post this, I hope it helps someone

Reactions: 1 user