l1500 injector pump

fj55-100

Equipment
L 1500 dt
Oct 6, 2009
southwest Utah
Hi . cool forum.
my injector pump on my l1500 wont make pressure . i have bleed it many times , i found a small amount of debri under the outlet . but still wont pump . the engine is a z750 .
I found a pump that looks the same but the part number is off by one digit . mine is listed as a 15221-51010 and the one i found is listed as a 15221-51011 . does any one know if it may fit my tractor

fj55-100

Equipment
L 1500 dt
Oct 6, 2009
southwest Utah
Vic , thanks
I have pulled off the metal lines and found blockage in one of them.
cleaned the injectors .and have the cover off and watched the cam move the pistons . when i used the book it said to bleed the filter until it ran out then bleed the line to the pump till it ran out . then turn it over untill the lines at the injectors got wet/loose...
i never got the pump to do anything .. so i removed the top valve on the pump and found rust debri in that valve and on one side the spring is missing . I got this as a basket case so i dont know how long it has been since it was running .
I contacted the seller of the new pump and he found z750 on the tag of the pump . so it should fit my motor . as it was said to be new in the box for 200$ I will try it and see .
How much should the lines to the pump flow disconneted so i can look for a restriction ?
Thanks for a great place to find info ,, i will have many more questions as soon as i make it GO .

Comalco

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, Rotary hoe, auger, plow, ripper: L3800HST, carry all, blade, slasher
Apr 4, 2015
Australia
I have a problem with my L1500. Front cylinder is getting fuel, rear isnt. Checked the lines, pulled the injector valves of the top off the Assy Fuel Pump Injector 15221-51010. No fuel coming from the back valve. Cleaned and checked valves, even swapped them, no difference. So I suspect the piston is rusted in and not pumping. Have seen several other YouTubes showing the same issue with rust.Witll pull the pump out tomorrow and see if I can resurrect it......... any ideas, hints, tips welcomed....... it was working, then stopped...so I suspect it just rusted fast between usage days.........

South 40

Equipment
L1500DT, 750 Ford backhoe, 49 D4 Cat Repowered with 6.9L Diesel
Nov 12, 2012
Bloomsdale, Mo. USA
I am not sure about working on the pumps, I always take mine to an Injection repair shop, we have a really good one in the city.

Just a FIY for any diesel motor, always run Diesel 911 or some other cleaner lubricant in your tank, it will help save issues like these, also make sure you change the fuel filter when doing an oil change, and keep the fill strainer in place always, it will save you headaches down the road.

Since your pumps are so bad, I would also recommend that you take your tank off, empty it out completely, remove the shut off valve and check to make sure the screen it still good and in place, then use some industrial strength cleaner on the inside of your tank to get all the crude out, if it has allot of rust, dilute some concrete cleaner in water, (it's cheap, but make sure to wear rubber gloves, and eye protection, and take your time, that stuff burns), swish that solution around the inside of the tank as many times as you need to clean it, then rinse really good several times with baking soda water to stop the acid, allow to dry completely, and install, or you could have it lined, but I never do.

Hope this helps someone.

Samantha