L1500 Broke Differential Case

Talladegachessie

Equipment
Kubota L1500
Dec 6, 2009
Talladega, AL USA
Well, it happened. I shattered the cast iron differential case on my L1500. It was in a bind by a large vine which had wrapped up the right rear wheel (drive wheel) and I locked the differential and gave it enough power to really mess it up. Heard the pop and then nothing. The case is broken in about 5 pieces with the spyder gears just flopping around. If this tractor is the same as the L175??? Then I figured I could order the case diff for the L175 and it fit the L1500. When checking the L175 for the case diff, it shows two different part numbers for the L175. (34150-26518) and (34200-26518) My question is are the parts for a L175 differential the same as for a L1500?
Since there are two different part numbers for the L175 which one fits. Will that differential case be all that I need to get it going?
Any ideas???? Thanks I need help!!!

Talladegachessie

Equipment
Kubota L1500
Dec 6, 2009
Talladega, AL USA
If the L175 has the same differential case as the L1500 and I can get information about which of the two part numbers listed in my OP then the price quoted is $288.00.

daniel.ray77

Equipment
1976 Kubota L225DT
Nov 16, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
I believe your L1500 (L175DT) has the same front axle as my L225DT. My dad broke the same part over-working it. I had luck finding replacement parts thru a used/salvage parts dealer in Mississippi. Call Anna at Southern Global Tractor @ 866-742-5748. She knows her kubota tractors very well, gray market too. Last time i talked with her, she had just gotten in two donor tractors with working front axles. Give her a call.

daniel.ray77

Equipment
1976 Kubota L225DT
Nov 16, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
Ok, i just got off the phone with Anna and she has the ring and pinion and carrier for the L175DT (L1500DT) in stock. It is used of course but in fairly good shape. The ring and pinion are $750 and the carrier is $350.

Talladegachessie

Equipment
Kubota L1500
Dec 6, 2009
Talladega, AL USA
Thanks for the information. I called Mid South Salvage in Decatur, AL and they are shipping me the parts for $150.00. They give a 30 day guarantee so hopefully I will be back to food plottin and bush hoggin soon. Thanks

Talladegachessie

Equipment
Kubota L1500
Dec 6, 2009
Talladega, AL USA
Well guys, I also found the Differential Bearing on the right side was broken off and cracked on the other side. The piece broken off was like a three inch ring of cast. The crack was between the bolts on the other side. I called Midsouth in Decatur and was glad to find a replacement for $70.00. I had to pull the ring off of the old differential case and put it on the new assembled one. Everything went back together pretty easy. Then I Permatexed all the sections and put the axle housing and hydrolics back on. Added 23 quarts of Kubota hydrolic fluid ($104.00) for six gallons. That was the stupid part. I could have probably used any tractor trans/hydrolic fluid and come out cheaper. Anyway I loaded it up and took the tractor to Bullock County, Alabama and rode it hard for four days cutting shoot lanes and clearing trails, roads, power line ROW, etc. The little beast hung in there and worked flawlessly. Don't tell anybody about Midsouth in Decatur, AL. I would call one day for a part and it would be delivered the next day to my door. They had everything I needed and it was in great shape, packed great, good prices, and unbelieveable delivery time.