kx91-2 weak or no rotation preasure

TWIN TURBOTA

New member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4400, Kx91-2, Z725, L2550
Mar 14, 2018
4
0
0
galion, ohio
I have a kx91-2 excavator that has weak rotation. If someone holds the boom I can barely rotate the machine. Now and then I loose rotation all together and I can push on the boom with one hand and the whole machine spins around freely. Then I wiggle the sticks or just shut off the machine and go get a coffee it starts working again. I have massive preasure on all other functions. please help!
 

rentthis

Well-known member
Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
1,010
25
48
summerville,sc
It's been years since my last kx91 but I'm pretty sure it's about the same as a kx-71. You could have a swivel motor problem or a leaky valve in the hydro body. The first thing to check is the valves in the rotation joystick. They have a way of sticking and causing problems. Remove the rubber boot and that will expose the valve buttons. When I had trouble with them, I used penetrating oil and worked the buttons up and down until they released. Might not be your problem but it's well worth a try.