Kudos to my local Dealer, Land & Coates, Inc.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Last summer, when I decided to by a BX25D, I looked for a used one. Only found two, both scammers. So I decided to buy new.
My neighbor recommended Land & Coates, Inc., he had just bought a used Kubota from them. But in the interest of fairness, I first went to my closest dealer. The sales guy was busy with another customer, I got some basic info and asked for the sales person to contact me. Never heard back. I emailed him. A few days later, he got back to me with a pretty good price. I also contacted Land & Coates, Inc.. They got back to me immediately with a significantly better price. And a few free upgrades!
Delivery was back in July. I've got about 38 hours on it. I noted a few minor issues, a step next to the back hoe was bent and touched the stabilizer cylinder, no biggie, I hooked a winch to it and a little pull and it was straight.
I also noticed moisture in the meter glass.
The little 'rabbit/tourtise' emblem from the speed knob came off, it never seemed to be properly attached. I reglued it but the image was messed up.
When I swing the boom, one out of twenty times, it makes a terrible creak like it is not lubed (and it is well greased.
None of these things really bothered me enough to do anything about. Tractors live hard lives and I know I am going to bang it up perfectly well on my own.
I decided to get skid shoes for the rear blade. I emailed the dealer and figured I'd mention the problems, with no real pressure to resolve them, just wanted them to be 'on the record'; in case one of these seemingly little things turns into something expensive.
Well, the dealer emailed me back. New instrument meters ordered. New speed knob ordered. The boom will be removed and the pivot checked. They will pick up and deliver, one day turn around. Bang. He did not even want to first confirm any of my issues. Just wanted to make me happy. Awesome!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Damn, I need to move to Richmond, VA.;)

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
My dealer called me this morning. The warranty parts are in as well as the skid shoes for the rear blade. Instead of picking up the tractor and servicing it at the shop, they will do it 'onsite', when would I like them to come. Today? Tech showed up, clean truck, clean uniform, intelligent, nice. Did all the work, made a few service suggestions. Told me to feel free to call if I ever need any advice.
He explained that during PDI, they wash and wax the tractor with a pressure washer and that is probably how it got water in it. I told him I had not seen any signs of the moisture in the last week or so and I felt bad about getting it replaced. His response? 'Better safe than sorry'. :)
Only bummer is the hour meter resets to zero as the data is stored in the meter assy.

I am a happy camper.

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
M5140HD/LA1153/LandPride RCF2072/DirtDog disc/RakeMaster grapple/Caroni tiller
That's a great dealer! I bought tractor/equipment last year with mixed results. The prices were far better than the dealer closest to me. Salesman was very helpful choosing the equipment. Had to wait a while after delivery to get some of the implements in. I'd call occasionally to ask the progress. He'd either not call back or if I happened to catch him he'd say he'd check on things and call me right back, which didn't happen several times. Also the decals on my LandPride mower came off within the first month. I mentioned it once and then again when I was at the dealership. The owner happened to be in our conversation as well and neither would take the initiative to get some new ones. Small thing, but gives you an idea of how they take care of you. Had an issue with a bucket toothbar that was ordered. 1st one was wrong length. 2nd was crooked, 3rd was crooked. He said he'd never seen one perfectly straight, to which I replied I've one on my tractor at home. I finally said I want my money back. Reluctantly he did.
Sorry to go on and on, but by comparison you've got a great dealer to deal with.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
I want to give this dealer, specifically, Steven in parts a shout out.
The dealer is 40+ miles from my home though Steven lives a few miles from me. I want to do a HST and front axle fluid change. Steven met me right near my home with the Super UDT-2. Price was better than Messic or Coleman (and that is after I paid sales tax!)

Thanks Land & Coates and Steven!:)