Kubota's for Work or Play?

Will In Tx

Equipment
L3400 HST/FEL, Box Blade, RTV 900 Camo, ZD323 Zreo Turn Pro Mower + More
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
Taste like Chicken
But yeah dat is my track hoe and what it can do.
Remember kids, keep all feet/arms and heads while in while hoe is moving smerk
Will

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Out of sheer curiosity I wanted to know why a pic like that was on the internet and that website is a whole damn forum just like ours for sick shit like that! Thats just wrong on so many leveals where it seemed like people were geting off and having fun looking at that kinda pic. And trust me I saw alot WORSE on that site.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Out of sheer curiosity I wanted to know why a pic like that was on the internet and that website is a whole damn forum just like ours for sick shit like that! Thats just wrong on so many leveals where it seemed like people were geting off and having fun looking at that kinda pic. And trust me I saw alot WORSE on that site.

Ya, I noticed the same thing. I stumbled on that site before calling it a night. I also took a peak around and that is not the site to look at before bed time.
It's one thing to have pictures about peoples misfortunes BUT those forum members posting on there are some really fucking twisted sick bastards.

Blkvoodoo

Equipment
B2400, LA352, RC60, Cammond Box Blade
Mar 27, 2010
Zebulon NC
So ummm, to get back on uhh... track as it were.......

I just got my B2400 a week ago Friday, LA352 loader, 60" MMM, and a 60" Cammond BB 1170hrs then, 1180 now...
trac1.jpg

I have put about 10hrs on it since last week, just the beginning of a long torrid affair......
trac3.jpg

digging out a few trees which happen to be right in the middle of where I want to grade.... chain saw? we don't need no stinkin chainsaw !! Took me about 1.5hrs to remove the pine and whatever it was standing next too. 3ft deep hole and just kept digging around it.

....and I let my wife drive it too.....
trac4.jpg

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Kevin! Finally somebody stepp'n up to take control of this thread :D

That's a great looking tractor you have. Are you working that area to plant something?

Thanks for taking the time to post those pictures, very nice!

Welcome to the OTT buddy, glad to have you aboard!

Scott

Blkvoodoo

Equipment
B2400, LA352, RC60, Cammond Box Blade
Mar 27, 2010
Zebulon NC
Kevin! Finally somebody stepp'n up to take control of this thread :D

That's a great looking tractor you have. Are you working that area to plant something?

Thanks for taking the time to post those pictures, very nice!

Welcome to the OTT buddy, glad to have you aboard!

Scott
Thanks Scott....

my yard was never very well graded/landscaped when the house was built. spec built house, lower end of the market ( sub 100k ) big lots, with the potential for really nice yards. I've lived here 10yrs, it's time to do something with it.

huge fenced in backyard, and making it larger
yard1.jpg

Above, you see the new posts for the larger fenced in area, everything behind those is where I am currently working, all the light brown is KUDZU, in it's dormant state picture taken about 4 weeks ago.

yard3.jpg yard2.jpg

snow pictures, the best I have of what was. the picture on the right it of the trees I was digging out in previous pix. they were covered in Kudzu, effectively dead. the clump of trees in the left picture are still there, I will clear out the weeds and debris around them and eventually plant grass back there. The red box you see is an improvised pick up bed with camper shell upside down, it is gone now as well.
yard4.jpg yard5.jpg

after the Kudzu scrape off, and some basic ripping with the box blade, the haze is smoke from a neighbor burning yard stuff.

the trees are now gone, and I have graded a bit to facilitate drainage, waiting for it to rain so I can go watch and see where water collects.

I have never done anything like this before, so I'm learning as I go....

More pix later.

Last edited:

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Just picked up a furrow/potato plow for "Bubba" my B2410:D. Got is a Tractor supply.... now maybe I can get the rows straight in my garden;). It has to beat a hoe and string way of doing it.

I will see if I can scrounge a few pics to post of Bubba in action... as Iam teaching my 10yo grand daughter to mow some this season... Don't tell my wife but the girl backs the tractor up better than my wife:p....

Butch

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
...they were covered in Kudzu, effectively dead.....

I have graded a bit to facilitate drainage, waiting for it to rain so I can go watch and see where water collects.

I have never done anything like this before, so I'm learning as I go....
Hey Kevin,
Nice set of pictures, you have a good looking place to work with.

That Kudzu stuff is evil and you must wage war on it or it will get you in your sleep.

As far as the drainage work, maybe when it rains the water will flow into the neighbors property who had his smoke blowing into yours :D

Scott

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Just picked up a furrow/potato plow for "Bubba" my B2410:D. Got is a Tractor supply.... now maybe I can get the rows straight in my garden;). It has to beat a hoe and string way of doing it.
Butch, did you get Bubba's U-joint taken care of?

Scott

Foisy

Equipment
Kubota L3240, Great Bend Backhoe, LA514 Loader, rear snowblower
Mar 28, 2010
Northern Ontario
Hey, just joined today to get a question about my new tractor answered and end up reading this whole thread. I think I'm going to like coming back here.

I just purchased a L3240, cab, L514 FEL, Great Bend Backhoe, and snowblower attachment.

I will be using this strictly for play. I live on 13 wooded acres and can now start "grooming" the land into my playpen.

Never owned or operated a tractor before sitting in this one so I expect to be asking lots of questions.

Will In Tx

Equipment
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
Sorry for late respoce .....
Many of us have hurd the back up alarm so much we hate it.
But it can if you teach your grandkids/children to watch you as the alarm goes off if there playing around the heavy equipment.
I know I sound like a safety man but if it helps to curb a massive accident of children/adults then use it. You just never know.
Worked as Farmer, VFD FireFighter, Texas Peace Officer and Heavy Operator and seen enought that could been prevented.
Will

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Fire away when ready boss we're all here to help ya in any way we can. And we're just a bunch of nuts who like to have a little fun a a few laughs along the way.

Will In Tx

Equipment
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
And we're just a bunch of nuts who like to have a little fun a a few laughs along the way.
Eric,
After been around the site here I find Kubota owners are the greatest people I have seen!
Will
PS and yeah you and me on my 4x4 RTV mudding you be screaming like a little girl......hahahaha :)

Will In Tx

Equipment
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
That little puddle hopper can't be any worse then me getting my fullsize Bronco air born on more then one occasion.
But it is funnnnnnn........ Now the Bronco I would have set up for other things if it had no computer as a brain for the engine... But I do respect the kickn of the muddy Bronco....:D

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Sorry for late respoce .....
Many of us have hurd the back up alarm so much we hate it.
But it can if you teach your grandkids/children to watch you as the alarm goes off if there playing around the heavy equipment.
I know I sound like a safety man but if it helps to curb a massive accident of children/adults then use it. You just never know.
Worked as Farmer, VFD FireFighter, Texas Peace Officer and Heavy Operator and seen enought that could been prevented.
Will

Hey Will,
Being a safety man is alright with me. I still have all of my fingers toes eyes and ears. Everybody thinks it sounds stupid but Safety First really is the only way to go.
There are people that hate the back up alarms so much they disable them. Not really the best thing to do.

With all those jobs you have had I hate to even think about the stuff you have seen that could have been prevented.

Scott

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hey, just joined today to get a question about my new tractor answered and end up reading this whole thread. I think I'm going to like coming back here.

I just purchased a L3240, cab, L514 FEL, Great Bend Backhoe, and snowblower attachment.

I will be using this strictly for play. I live on 13 wooded acres and can now start "grooming" the land into my playpen.

Never owned or operated a tractor before sitting in this one so I expect to be asking lots of questions.

13 wooded acres to play on :eek:

Damn it I'm jealous :(

Welcom to the OTT, glad to have you aboard :D

Scott

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Scott... work'n on the u-joints... not an issue....Butch:rolleyes: