KUBOTA zl1501 clutch

Rickybobby609

Feb 6, 2020
C.M.C.H. New Jersey. US
So I finally got my 1501 running and driving I just flushed all the fluids put all new in changed the filters cleaned the hydraulic screen everything’s working ok but when I press my clutch in and put it in gear it grinds no matter what and in its highest gear it’s not moving very fast I know it’s only a little 15 hp but I would imagine it would do more then like 5mph right?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Re: Zen noh zl1501 clutch

Yep It sounds like you have a fried clutch. :(

You can check the linkage adjustment, but it's usually not the cause of the problem. ;)

Rickybobby609

Feb 6, 2020
C.M.C.H. New Jersey. US

I went and adjusted the clutch and the grinding went away when putting it in gear but still seems a little slow but that could just be me I’m not sure how fast it’s really supposed to go though but I forgot to mention it has a front end loader on it so I’m wondering if the weight of that is slowing it down

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

How fast are you traveling in high range, 4th gear. If it's really slow, check to make sure your not in creeper mode. There's a second high range, low range shifter on your tractor. Location is on top of the transmission between the seat and the PTO shifter. Low is creeper mode. There is also regular high/low range selector on the left side of your seat as your sitting on the tractor.

Top speed for the tractor is 7mph.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk