Kubota Value

Trkr

Feb 7, 2015
Baltimore County,Md
Hi guys,I have acquired a L2900,tractor.Mechanical shuttle,4WD,ag tires,LA 480 quick attach loader,Sims cab,RC72-29A mower,(currently not on the tractor)and has a 3 point Kubota weight box,900 hours.Machine is 100% mechanically.Everything works as it should,appearence is probably a good 8 on a scale of ten,paint is a little faded on the Sims cab,but the Kubota finish is excellent.Was owned by my elderly neighbor,who had to go into assisted living.Bucket is straight,doesn't look like it was ever used.Still has rubber cover on rear pto shaft,I don't believe that was ever used.I don't really need this machine,and I'll probably sell it in the spring,after I do a little landscape work.I see prices all over the place on these.My question is,what could I realistically expect to get for this rig?Thanks.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hi guys,I have acquired a L2900,tractor.Mechanical shuttle,4WD,ag tires,LA 480 quick attach loader,Sims cab,RC72-29A mower,(currently not on the tractor)and has a 3 point Kubota weight box,900 hours.Machine is 100% mechanically.Everything works as it should,appearence is probably a good 8 on a scale of ten,paint is a little faded on the Sims cab,but the Kubota finish is excellent.Was owned by my elderly neighbor,who had to go into assisted living.Bucket is straight,doesn't look like it was ever used.Still has rubber cover on rear pto shaft,I don't believe that was ever used.I don't really need this machine,and I'll probably sell it in the spring,after I do a little landscape work.I see prices all over the place on these.My question is,what could I realistically expect to get for this rig?Thanks.
Wow ---- you have a mint there.

the tractor and bucket should fetch a pretty penny..... 12K plus
the cab ....well up north worth a lot more than south , but still a 2k investment worth still another, the 6' mower is 2k plus new, think a another 1k on that .....the box and whatever else.....

I would start at 15K and then work down from there, I would say you are being real nice at 12.5k for the works. In your area - it should go quick! Throw it on craigslist now and see if anyone bites, the biting will get better as spring gets closer.

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=9157041

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=6789713

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=7967197

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the forum from Alabama. Have fun until you sell it.

Trkr

Feb 7, 2015
Baltimore County,Md
Thanks,And thanks for the insight.I've never owned a Kubota before,and I'm very impressed with the quality I see in this machine.I can see why the have the reputation they do!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Thanks,And thanks for the insight.I've never owned a Kubota before,and I'm very impressed with the quality I see in this machine.I can see why the have the reputation they do!
Might ought to hold on to the ol girl.....may find she is worth more to YOU than the money you'll get !:D:eek::)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Awww man you don't want that old piece of junk laying around,,, Tell ya what, I ll hook up the trailer and come and get it out of your yard :D,,,, Nooo there's no need to thank me, and don't worry about paying me to take it off your hands,, That's what friends are for :rolleyes:

Trkr

Feb 7, 2015
Baltimore County,Md
Might ought to hold on to the ol girl.....may find she is worth more to YOU than the money you'll get !:D:eek::)
I might have to keep it,if I can afford to.I don't really need it,but it sure is nice,and is really growing on me the more I play with it.There is a coating of ice on everything this morning,but I took a couple of pictures of it.

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
I might have to keep it,if I can afford to.I don't really need it,but it sure is nice,and is really growing on me the more I play with it.There is a coating of ice on everything this morning,but I took a couple of pictures of it.
dang. that's a clean little tractor right there. keep it for sure.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Find a use for it.

Selling that tractor would be one of those things you regret later.

:)

Trkr

Feb 7, 2015
Baltimore County,Md
Guys,just a final follow up on this thread,thanks for all for the replies.
We finally had a decent day here in the northeast,40's,and sunshine.I put my 5' Landpride brush hog on the Kubota,mowed down a challenging 1 acre lot that hadn't been mowed in years.Multiforal rose,1"-2" saplings,lots of crappy stuff,had a blast.Tractor performed like a dream!Love the IPTO,and I've never owned a tractor with a shuttle shift before,just great,esp. for an old fart like me.I'm definitely keeping this tractor,but will be selling the RC-72-29A belly mower if anyones interested,as I have no use for it.Chalk me up as being a happy Kubota owner,so far,lol.:)

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
See!

In a year, you'll wonder how you did without the thing!

I am sending the nice pics you posted to a friend in Ohio who is dreaming about a cab.

Take good care of it!

:) Ray