Kubota tiller question???

tiger9297

Equipment
B7100HST-D w/ Bush Hog FEL
Jun 28, 2009
Tupelo, MS
I found an older Kubota tiller the other day. Actually, I guess it's a tiller. It was slightly different in that the tines were straight and not curved like on a regular tiller. Am I looking at something different? It also had 2 large gauge wheels on the rear. I'd never seen that on a tiller either. Wish I had pic of it. Any ideas?

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
tiger9297, I found an old grey market Kubota tiller that sounds like the one you described. It had guage wells on the back (that I threw away) and I had to redo the 3-point hitch. But it works great. It is on my tractor right now and used it yesterday. I've replaced the teeth once. Vic in the Service Dept. can get new teeth for almost all the grey market tillers. Make sure the differential and chain drive are in good shape and don't rattle when you spin it. Send along a picture if you can. Vic can probably tell you what brand it is and if he can get parts.

pat331

Equipment
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
I'll see if I can take some pics tomorrow and get them posted. I wondered about your straight tine question. The old ones on this one were worn to the point that they were almost straight. The new ones are curved.

pat331

Equipment
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
As promised, here are the Kubota tiller pictures. As you can see, I am not a painter. On the 3rd pic, you can see how I modified the 3 pt hitch. This was done when I first started welding. It isn't pretty, but it works.

Attachments