Kubota RTV-XG850 Error Codes

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
curious, I downloaded the owner's manual, says ' if you see a code twice, contact your dealer'...
sigh, I'd have thought ,maybe,just maybe they'd print the list of error codes and msgs..
I know if I was in 'service dept. at your dealer', I'd printoff/email you the list PDQ as every call is maybe 5-10 minutes of WASTED time,costing the dealership $$$$$. You'd have to hire a special tech to ONLY answer the phones at a busy shop to deal with 'what's this error number mean' type calls ....

it'd be nice if there was a 'techtalk' section here to post 'error codes' as well as 'wiring diagrams'. It'd probably get full and used hourly !!

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
curious, I downloaded the owner's manual, says ' if you see a code twice, contact your dealer'...
sigh, I'd have thought ,maybe,just maybe they'd print the list of error codes and msgs..
I know if I was in 'service dept. at your dealer', I'd printoff/email you the list PDQ as every call is maybe 5-10 minutes of WASTED time,costing the dealership $$$$$. You'd have to hire a special tech to ONLY answer the phones at a busy shop to deal with 'what's this error number mean' type calls ....

it'd be nice if there was a 'techtalk' section here to post 'error codes' as well as 'wiring diagrams'. It'd probably get full and used hourly !!

you are absolutely right. A busy shop cannot handle those type calls, and oftentimes those calls get put on hold, to never get a follow-up. I did this job and I know what it's like. It sucked. When the new owners took over, one of my many suggestions was exactly that, put someone in charge of manning the phones, and when they weren't busy, do up a page that would outline some of the very basic maintenance procedures. Their response was "that's an awesome idea we can put it on our face book page"; and nothing ever happened with it-along with a lot of other things.

I can remember many many times that I'd be walking back and forth between the work bay and the office to answer a phone call. Most of them were legitimate "when's my stuff gonna be done" and I'm fine with those. The most frustrating ones? "What's the head bolt torque on a D1803?" My response, oh let me google that for you. VERY frustrating! "what kind of oil should I use?", "Why does SUPER UDT2 cost more than 303 and what makes it better?"....ya know...some of the same questions we get on this forum, right?

There were a handful of times we were months backlogged, I was the ONLY person in the shop (I was the manager, assembly tech, floor sweeper, equipment washer, detail boy, and head mechanic--all at the same time. 14.5-15.0 hour days, 7 days a week for a few months until they found another tech. But during the time I was alone, I'm busy of course and the phone rings. "How much oil goes in my...." Those phone calls just irked me to no end to the point where a few times I went off on the person at the other end of the line. I know they don't know we're busy. I knew they didn't care. I did my best but sometimes it just got to me.

later on they hired a dedicated service manager. Awesome. Now I can work on stuff. Nope. They hired a service manager who knows nothing about the equipment, nothing about the customers, nothing about how things run, no mechanical knowledge whatsoever, no people skills, basically a phone jockey and not much more. I respected him and found that I was in the office more than he was, and when he was in the office I had to help him figure out what he was doing. So having someone do that stuff may not be the end-all. And you probably ain't gonna get one that knows the equipment that'll work for $15/hr.

Br549

Equipment
2020 XG850 Kubota
Apr 11, 2023
Liberty Texas
Does anyone know what error codes 41, 34,33,32 indicate?
Did you ever get your XG850 repaired? I have a 2020 XG850 with the exact same codes, was running just fine, parked it and the next morning would not crank with the codes 41,34,33,31 call dealer and all they would tell me is to load it up and bring it to them . Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Did you ever get your XG850 repaired? I have a 2020 XG850 with the exact same codes, was running just fine, parked it and the next morning would not crank with the codes 41,34,33,31 call dealer and all they would tell me is to load it up and bring it to them . Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks
Here are the Error codes and there meanings

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

MH44-6

Equipment
Kubota RTV-XG850
Nov 7, 2022
Concord, VA
Can't remember the exact sequence of events but one of the fuses ( Starter) was blown. Several weeks later, same apparent problem. Fuse were good this time. Ended up replacing the starter. Be prepared for a shock when you get Kubota's price on it. Hope that this will help.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
the 'computer' should be smart enough to TELL you which fuse is blown one.....
sigh, lazy 'computer engineers' cutting their dismal code....

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
a lot of new technology, and we "think" they "should" tell us...alas, the bean counters say lets' put this entire circuit on one fuse. On that circuit may be 20 components. Or more. Bean counters win the battle, the unit gets produced, and we (the techs) get to say bad things about the engineering department-and them bean counters.

It's a constant battle.