Kubota M9000 Starter

red-oak

Oct 5, 2009
St. Marys Ont Canada
I have 1999 M9000 when I try to start the engine I get one click have load tested the battery and it passed and hydromeator is over 1275 So I figguer its got to be the starter? has anny one had anny expierance rebiulding one? I'm in Canada and the price for a new one is 450 dollars anny ideas or help would be apreaceated

Last edited:

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Red-Oak I like your handle.... Make sure it is the starter by placing a remote push button switch between the heavy battery terminal on the starter and the solenoid coil terminal on the starter. By doing this you are bench testing the starter still on the tractor and eliminating the relay, ignition switch, and wiring in between these components. If it is the starter I know a cheap place to get it here in the States. Good Luck and post your findings or send me a private Email. Old Ob1 :)

red-oak

Oct 5, 2009
St. Marys Ont Canada
Thank you I took the starter off to-day and found a plug on the under side and removed it carbon dust from the brushes ran out I cleaned it out and reinstalled it it has started all day long. I would be interested in knowing where to get a replacement starter thanx