Kubota M8200 Narrow 3 pt hitch problem

kkranch

Equipment
Kubota M8200 NARROW, with front end loader and rear three point hitch, PTO
Jun 11, 2014
Cambria, California, USA
Hello, I have a 2003 Kubota M8200 Narrow tractor and I've experienced a problem with my 3 pt hitch. I have a Brush Hog mower attached to the 3 pt hitch. About a month ago I mowed pastures for 9 days straight and didn't have a single problem with raising or lowering the mower. Yesterday I started the tractor to begin mowing the pastures again and at initial start up I could raise and lower the mower and the front loader with no problems. I mowed for maybe 5 minutes then raised the mower to make a turn around. No unusual noises, nothing out of the ordinary was felt or heard. When I made my turn around I went to lower the mower and nothing happened. I checked the speed knob under the seat, turning it to the right extreme and back to the left extreme then positioning it at about midway, still nothing happens when I try to lower the mower. I can see that everything is connected to the raise/lower lever, nothing is broke and I can't find any leaks around the tractor. I checked all fluid levels and they are at the required levels. The front loader operates fine. I'm at my wits end trying to figure this out. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

kkranch

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Sounds as if 3 pt control linkage inside housing has come loose. Although checking hyd oil level is a good practice low hyd oil wouldn't stop 3 pt from lowering.

kkranch

Equipment
Kubota M8200 NARROW, with front end loader and rear three point hitch, PTO
Jun 11, 2014
Cambria, California, USA
Unbelievable!!!! I went to the tractor this morning, started her up, and to my surprise I could lower and raise the mower like nothing had happened. I just can't figure this out. I mowed all day today with no problems what so ever. I have no idea what the problem was.

Many thanks to Tx Jim and Bulldog for their responses.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
When was the last service done on the hyd system? Sounds like you had some trash in a valve or something along those lines.