Kubota LA481 Loader....I cannot find the replacement parts for it

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Instead of new hoses could you just get some pipe to extend the hoses? Trying to figure out why they don't reach.....Pictures please....

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Here ya go
Did you try coming up from underneath rather than over top?

I believe that is also the power beyond hose and you have it connected to the tank port.

YOU NEED TO TRACE AND LABEL THE HOSES BEFORE CONNECTING THEM

Here is that same valve installed on my LA525.

20221022_175137.jpg

Dan

Last edited:

debbieloveskenneth@gmail.

Equipment
Kubota L3300 with LA481 Loader
Sep 18, 2023
Little Rock, Arkansas
Dan, we are lost! He says that he has tried to under and over on the hoses and at least 2 of them are not reaching. I reached out this week to a professional tractor person and he is coming today to give me an estimate before I screw something up.
I'm gonna sell it after this...I think...the repairs are scaring me.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Dan, we are lost! He says that he has tried to under and over on the hoses and at least 2 of them are not reaching. I reached out this week to a professional tractor person and he is coming today to give me an estimate before I screw something up.
I'm gonna sell it after this...I think...the repairs are scaring me.
If you need longer hoses get longer hoses - they are cheap. If its over your head by all means get a mechanic.

But this is not hard. Pull all three hoses down and out from under the loader. Using their positions on the outlet block label them as PUMP, PB, and TANK as I showed. You still have not done that.

Then one by one pull them back up to their respective ports on the new valve, If they are short figure out how much longer they need to be and get longer ones.

I mean we are talking about a foot or less in length and half an hour at most to sort it out.

Dan

Equipment
Sep 18, 2023
Little Rock, Arkansas
But, if I screw it up, I ruin the tractor and there's alot riding on that hour of work.

And can you tell me where to get the hoses at? I am thinking Napa. No matter how fixes it, I clearly am going to need them.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
But, if I screw it up, I ruin the tractor and there's alot riding on that hour of work.

And can you tell me where to get the hoses at? I am thinking Napa. No matter how fixes it, I clearly am going to need them.

If you just follow a few very simple directions you are not going to screw it up. And even if you did you are not going to do any damage.

You don't need custom hoses. Your local tractor supply should have what you need on the shelf.

Now pull those three hoses out and label them . Take a couple pictures and I will double check your labels. We. Can have this done and a list of new hoses ready before lunch.

Dan

Equipment
Sep 18, 2023
Little Rock, Arkansas
Video attached. In the old setup, some of the hoses attached on the bottom. In the new one, they attach on the side so there's not enough room to do it on the side without having a 90° fitting so we're going to get a 90° fitting

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
This shop (Hydrodyne) is in Little Rock and should be able to make hoses to length and provide any fitting or adapter needed. At the Tractor Supply (TSC) here they have hoses but they have NPT ends which I don’t like on hydraulic hoses, I prefer the ends to be JIC.
(and @TheOldHokie probably meant ”where you get tractor supplies “ not TSC)

They can probably provide you some advice.

There is no need to sell your tractor, they are fairly low maintenance. You will gain confidence as you go, but it can be intimidating when first attempting a repair.

Don’t give up and just keep trying, it is not a difficult thing to get right with the correct help you are getting here!

Equipment
Sep 18, 2023
Little Rock, Arkansas
So we did something wrong and a yellow substance came into the hydraulic oil. I would know that because the little glass view thing filled up with yellow and you can't even tell we have hydraulic oil in it.... Clearly we have the wrong hose hooked up. What did we do?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Debbie - can you get a picture of the sight glass, or anything else that shows the yellow material?

I’m guessing you just might have some water in the fluid - can give it a milky yellow tint…

A little air is another good possibility since you had the hydraulic system open. The system will bleed the air off itself.

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
So we did something wrong and a yellow substance came into the hydraulic oil. I would know that because the little glass view thing filled up with yellow and you can't even tell we have hydraulic oil in it.... Clearly we have the wrong hose hooked up. What did we do?
Hard to say since you have not posted any pictures of the hoses and routing.

As has been suggested good chance its simply contaminated with water. Pull a sample out and put it in a glass container so you can see what it looks like.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

Equipment
Sep 18, 2023
Little Rock, Arkansas
Me again...

So we drained the hydraulic fluid and it was good--dark black. We put the same fluid back in it so that I could take the five gallons of it back. We could see the line this time...it was not milky....and my honey said there had to just be air in the lines and that's why it looked milky.
We then started it. It worked great for several minutes. He was able to move mulch with it and everything worked for maybe 5-10 minutes. Then, the bucket stopped working and he looked down and noticed another leak.

It was in the fitting that we purchased at Lowe's--a GAS fitting--because we could not find the correct hydraulic fitting that day. So, we go to Tractor and buy a new one by comparing it to the old one. The new one is 1/2 x 3/8 (I think). One side fit. One side did not fit. We get it home and it does not work. We go to two separate TSC stores and none have the correct fitting. I am about to order it online. He thinks it is called 1/2 inch male pipe to 5/8 inch male pipe OR 5/8 inch male JIC. It is definitely called a HYDRAULIC ADAPTER (like I stated above, the gas version didn't work cause it leaks). He said that both ends appear to be the male versions.

I posted some pictures of what Tractor Supply Company had below...they don't have the right one so we are headed to Amazon online...can anyone tell me if I am ordering the right thing by ordering 1/2 x 5/8 male to male hydraulic adapter? In my next post, I am going to post the link of what I am about to order so that I get this right.

Attachments