Kubota L6060 Case drain

CapnDean

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060,ZD1211
Feb 22, 2018
Gulfport, MS USA
I am considering adding a "limb ninja" rotary cutter to the front loader. I have a set of unused remotes on the rear. The cutter requires a case drain. Anybody ever had to do this on one of these? Recommended tie in location? Recommended kit?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Case drain just need to go back to the sump, there are many different ways to do this.
The third function might have a port on it to tie into then you would just need to add a line for it.

I don't know of any kits to do it.

CapnDean

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060,ZD1211
Feb 22, 2018
Gulfport, MS USA
I'm finding that there are multiple ways to skin this cat. Ideally though, the implement will plug into remotes on the front of the tractor (not the loader) so that I do not have to snake and unsnake hydraulic lines each time I remove the loader. E.G. I bring the loader and Implement and Bush Hog to the site, trim the fence line with LN - then drop the loader and implement and get to it with the bush hog. I am trying to figure out the best way to accomodate all angles without having to route and reroute lines

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You can dump the case drain into the cooling line on the front of the tractor. ;)

CapnDean

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060,ZD1211
Feb 22, 2018
Gulfport, MS USA
ouch this is not as easy as I thought. Perhaps a filler cap with a threaded hole in the center? NIW do you know of a specific location I can find a port to return to the sump? Each one that I have found so far has a valve inside it. I like the idea of cutting into the cooler lines, but then again I really don't like the idea of hacksawing a line and sliding rubber hose over it to repair it. Would love to plumb into the rear remotes as normal and then disconnect the return and plug it straight into the fill hole when needed.....

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The back PTO covers on both my M's have a cast in threaded boss in them with a pipe plug that goes directly into the transmission sump. Not sure if yours does but both mine have that.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
ouch this is not as easy as I thought. Perhaps a filler cap with a threaded hole in the center? NIW do you know of a specific location I can find a port to return to the sump? Each one that I have found so far has a valve inside it. I like the idea of cutting into the cooler lines, but then again I really don't like the idea of hacksawing a line and sliding rubber hose over it to repair it. Would love to plumb into the rear remotes as normal and then disconnect the return and plug it straight into the fill hole when needed.....
The cooler lines are rubber lines, so they are super easy to tap into.

Attachments

CapnDean

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060,ZD1211
Feb 22, 2018
Gulfport, MS USA
NIW you are an encyclopaedia of knowledge here. Thank you. I am going to tackle this one in the AM. I do not like the idea of splicing into a rubber hose with a tee but that may be the only reasonable way to do it. I am assuming in the diagram that the smaller section of hose is the cooled fluid returning rather than the hot fluid headed to the cooler. I suppose the best side is the intake side of the cooler?