Kubota L3600 curtis cab restoration help

Hawkeyeee

Equipment
Kubota L 3600
Jul 28, 2023
Vermont
Hi, I bought a 1999 l3600 with a curtis cab on it missing the windows and doors. Having a hard time identifying what model the cab is to acquire the parts I need. Here’s pics of the cab and if anyone knows what model it is to at would be great. Also if anyone might have parts.

Thznks
Doug

Attachments

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
If you cannot find the oem glass, I would try your hand at a glass cutter. Looks like a small metal pizza wheel/pen and oil. Cutting straight glass is easy. Then I would tint the windows, with film for some hazard protection. The rubber edging is available online by the roll.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
If you cannot find the oem glass, I would try your hand at a glass cutter. Looks like a small metal pizza wheel/pen and oil. Cutting straight glass is easy. Then I would tint the windows, with film for some hazard protection. The rubber edging is available online by the roll.
Cutting/using regular window glass for that cab?
I sure hope not!

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
DO NOT USE GLASS THAT YOU CUT. You could cut cardboard to the exact size you need and then have the glass company order tempered glass(if broken does not shrad). This is going to be expensive route. Another route you could take is to use plexiglass. Have your tried calling Curtis and see if they can help?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I would use lexan (polycarbonate) over plexiglass (acrylic).

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The most difficult will be the windshield unless you have a way to bend the polycarbonate into shape and keep it retained in the rubber. You should consult with a local glass company and they can best advise you as to the rubber to use and the thickness of the glass or polycarbonate to use. Safety plate glass is both heavy and expensive, and tempered glass is the same. You can check with Curtis Cab in West Boylston MA if they might have some obsolete glass they would be willing to sell at a discount. A lot depends on what salesperson you get. Some of them think that everything is gold-plated, and others are a lot more reasonable. The rubber comes from C.R. Lawrence in California, however, you have to be a dealer to buy it from them. I had an account a long time ago, and when I tried to reactivate my old account, they wouldn't do it for me. They sell to glass companies only, but their catalog is online, and you can determine what profile you will need by viewing the catalog.