KUBOTA L3300GST 4WD with LA480 Loader?

Sid Post

Equipment
Kubota L4600F and B2601
Oct 12, 2013
Texas, Oklahoma
I found a KUBOTA L3300GST 4WD with LA480 Loader with under 1,000 hours for $8K not too far away from me so, it would be easy to pick up with my friends trailer to get it home. With the "Glide Shift Transmission", it looks like the power available should match a newer L3800DT with the HST option too.

Reviews seem to be near non-existent so, I'm curious what people in this forum think of this specific model. With the LA480 loader, it appears be rated for ~1,000 pounds (480Kg) so, that will fit the majority of my loader lifting needs. TractorData says the Cat 1 three point will lift 2,200 pounds at 24 inches so that should easily handle any farm implement, tiller or, mower I would mount. With the right lifting beam, it looks like I could lift items too heavy for the loader too with some dirt in the loader bucket. The 28HP PTO is listed at independent but, a post on this site says the PTO stops when you clutch the tractor. :confused:

Does anyone have any experience with this model or a similar (same vintage, similar engine or transmission) tractor? Any comments about reliability, usability, etc. would be appreciated.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
All of the L's have a really good reputation!
I haven't heard one distinctly bad run with them.
As far as transmission types go, I have read that the GST's are pretty tough.
With a GST you can keep the PTO spinning because you can shift threw all the gears and with the shuttle never touching the clutch.

Kubotaman53

Equipment
Kubota 3130GST
I have a 2003 Kubota 3130GST with a 724loader that i purchase in 2010 with 723 hours. I have had no real issues with the tractor until this summer when i had to have the primary clutch replaced. As i indicated in recnet posts i have had a series of problems with the GST ever since i got the tractor back from the dealer. They insist that my current problems have nothing to do with the clutch replacement but i am not as confident. It sure seems like a coincedence that i am having all kinds of problems since they split the tractor. One of the other local dealers told me that the GST's are not real popular but by the same token have not been in very much for repairs. I wish i could say the same. Still pursuing my issues with Kubota Corp!

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
Mine is similar, a 1999 g3010 with GST and FEL. I have had no problems in 1200 hours except a glow plug light that is probably a loose connection or bad wire as it comes on whenever it feels like it but runs fine. No issues with the GST here. It's never been in the shop and I just do routine maintenance. I use mine tilling, mowing, moving dirt and rock, pulling posts, grading, and all kinds of other oddball stuff.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
My neighbor has a L3300 with 8x8 tranny and LA480 loader that he bought new. He has beat the crap out of it all these years and never had any major problems. I really like the tractor and wouldn't be afraid to buy one myself.