Kubota Kx-121-3 Control Valve

cklawns

Equipment
BX24, KX-121
Nov 29, 2013
Southern Wisconsin
Hello,

I own a Kubota Kx-121-3 mini excavator. Recently the machine would not lift anything much heavier than 1000 lbs. The lift capacity is as much as 4000 lbs. depending on if lifted over the blade or not. The machine is now at the dealer for repair. I've been told the control valve is defective or needs replacement. They did some tests, then contacted Kubota whom told them it needs replaced. I've been told the part is roughly $1000.00 & Labor will be around $2800.00 or so.

Two questions:

1) Is that about what I should be paying to have this control valve replaced?

2) Any ideas on why this valve would fail?

We are on top of our maintenance for the most part.

Thanks, Chris

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
Did they say why the entire control valve has to be replaced? . Is everything else working well or do other hydraulic operatorations fail in any way? Is it leaking or just short of power? Not to say they are wrong but it sounds unusual to me that the whole thing is bad.

rwarren324

Nov 2, 2016
US
The way labor charge are especially dealer labor, if they took control valve apart and found what the problem was, if this fixed it or not, there would have been another labor charge that would have been as much or almost as much as the valve, most dealers are parts changers

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Something is not adding up for me. :confused:

That model has a stacked spool valve, so no need to buy the whole valve for one bad spool section.

Also the entire control valve is more like $4K, so I don't think they are changing the whole valve out for the $1000 part cost.

If you could find out part numbers of what they are replacing. ;)